• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G2 in HOU / Aircraft Down in Houston / Gulfstream crashes @ KHOU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wire news is saying the aircraft was inbound to pick up George Bush Sr. Sure to be a focus on business aviation because of this fact. Be ready for the investigative stories attempting to highlight "flaws" of private jet travel

LXJ31 said:
Be ready for the investigative stories attempting to highlight "flaws" of private jet travel
That is only because reporters / media know so much about our business and even more about aircraft. Once a reporter becomes an expert on 3 engine Gulfstreams, they seem to know it all.

Some guy said:
I'm not a pilot, but arent there other system available to the crew other than GS? GPWS and altitude indicator are 2. I'm sure it will be awhile before anyone knows what happened, but I'm wondering if it wasn't something beyond the crews control...I do know that HOU has been having some pretty severe weather.

Yes, some FMS/FMC's will give you vertical naviation guidance (VNAV) during an approach. However, given the age of this aircraft (a G2B from what I'm getting on NBAA), I'm not sure they would have the type of FMS required to do this. However, given no experience in Gulfstreams, I could be totally wrong as to their ability to shoot a VNAV coupled approach.

2000Flyer

Yea, if you pull up the original article posted at the top of the page, they've updated it now to confirm that Prez Bush Sr was being picked up in Houston, and that the trip was cancelled.

condolences to the family members....

what a tragedy...does that gulfstream model have the coupled flight directors? i know it is usually hardball...right?

i heard a rumor that in the GIV, the flight directors on the non flying pilot side disappear after about 1500' ? is this pretty standard in corporate a/c? or is it a cheaper option?

Latest resources

Back