Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G0Jet pilots hired after TSA furloughs = Scabs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
doh said:
I have met 2 GOJ captains. One was an f/o at Eagle and the other is a laid off/furloughed TWay guy. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't Eagle have a scope clause that said they were the only ones who were supposed to fly for AA? So, to support that and not take someone elses flying you TSA guys all got together and refused to fly their stuff, right?:smash: Or did you jump right up and take the upgrade? I have a hard time hating that Eagle guy for taking the upgrade he would have gotten at Eagle if his flying hadn't been "stollen". And now you know what I'm about to say about the TWay guy. If ALPA hadn't been so eager to bend over for AA because they still have delusions of a glorious reunion, then that TWayer would not be out in the street walking the dog! He owes ALPA bupkiss in my opinion. Just like he was told it is every man for himself out there. He believed them, and now you want me to hate him? I ain't buying what you're selling.:uzi:

So which of these companies was created to whipsaw another pilot group? I don't see any but Freedom comes to mind just as BloJet does.

Hate to see it happening and I certainly feel for you furloughed guys (been there myself), but know what?

All of your ranting, and bitching, and websites and lists and whatever, won't keep them from getting their 1000hrs of PIC and MOVING ON WITH THEIR CAREER.

Nobody gives a rats ass at the next level what is going on at the regionals. Those of you that think otherwise need to look at what's going on around you. Go Jets pilots will get their time and move on to other (more reputable) companies. It's happened before, and it will happen again.

Quit wasting your energy on burning your fellow pilots and turn your anger on the management that is ultimately responsible. Anything else is just a waste of time and effort... and many of you will only realize it when your the FO for a former GJ guy.

Sorry to say this but there are still tons of people who dont even know what the hell Go Jet is. Quite frankly there is enough going on at every other airline that people don't have time to worry about this stuff. To compare them the the level of scabs is retarded. No one at the majors is going to care about Go Jets if they are ever hiring again. They probably wont even know who they were or what they were about. Plus if the lists ever are merged then they can say they worked for TSA just like the freedom guys can say they worked with Mesa. No one is going to know the difference. There is too much going on here at comair to worry about TSA/************************* dramas. The only people here that even know who they are are the people that read the forums. The majority of people I have flown with have no clue who they were. Sorry but everyone needs to take care of their own airline first before they can worry about everyone elses situation. I can honestly say that unfortunately there will be none, zero consequences besides lost jumpseats for these guys. Just look at the freedom guys that got hired at JBLU or southwest or other places.

Seems that about once a week someone tries to fire up the subject of blowjet- the arguments are the same- and it's getting pretty pointless. And i still wouldn't care if a blowjet guy tried to jumpseat on my flight. I really wouldn't care if anyone did- as long as they aren't a prick.

joeywoofwoof said:
Seems that about once a week someone tries to fire up the subject of blowjet- the arguments are the same- and it's getting pretty pointless. And i still wouldn't care if a blowjet guy tried to jumpseat on my flight. I really wouldn't care if anyone did- as long as they aren't a prick.

Exactly I wonder how many people actually carry "lists" and deny jumpseats. A lot of hot air is blown on this website. For the most part, however, its all bluff and no stuff. I have never once flown with someone that carried any type of list.

Because of this meyopic view that most pilots have is why this industry is doomed in the end - race to the bottom if you will.

Anyone who has the pleasure of seeing my flight bag being drug around the country will see my NO************************* stickers. Keep up the good fight.

joeywoofwoof said:

then u should stop reading and posting on the blowjet stuff if it's so pointless. u probably wouldn't care about a jumpseater on your plane b/c you don't work for trans states, everyone has different opinions and it's captains final authority.

UEJ500 said:
Just to put the TSA furlough in perspective:

1. Trans States Holdings furloughed 20 Trans States Airlines pilots
2. Trans States Holdings continues to hire for G0jet Airlines

In my opinion, anyone accepting a job with G0jet while TSA pilots are being furloughed is about as close to a scab as one can be by definition.
The only guys as bad or worse are those company guys who jumped ship.

Think about what you are doing before accepting a job offer.
It should be ONE list.

So what does that make the rest of us who work for airlines that grew while our codeshare pilots furloughed? Are SkyWest, Mesa, Republic, Chataqua, ASA, and Comair (just to name a few) pilots all scabs?

G0Jets may be a despicable attempt at circumventing the union and violating seniority but last I checked TSA is not on strike. Nice try though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back