G0-Jet Pay Scales

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
h25b said:
.. I'm good friends with the ex-Eagle guy at GJ's and I would love for one of you guys to personally approach him with about half of the moral character attacks that those on this board love to throw around safely hidden behind the cloak of internet anonymity...

What's he going to do, Beat me up? Give me a break.

h25b said:
I've known him for 10 years, he's an outstanding pilot, human being, husband, father, and friend...

In your opinion. I guess you really are a bad judge of character.

Reebo said:
In your opinion. I guess you really are a bad judge of character.

If I were like yourself and let a union guide my decision making skills along with my career you could have a point, but unfortunately for you there's a bit more to life than that. Good luck, your union has done a fantastic job so far. :rolleyes:

BoilerUP said:
Never called anybody a scab there, skippy - but please, keep putting words in my mouth. I'd have refuted this BS quicker had the email notifications been working properly...

Lots of people had families & obligations but didn't cross picket lines at Continental & Eastern & Comair. Lots of people had obligations but didn't join Freedom A. And lots of people with obligations at TSA and elsewhere didn't want to undermind the TSA pilot group in their negotiations. There are a few that did, because they were "looking out for themselves, because the union could care less about your life." Well that may be...but I'll sleep well knowing I didn't stab anybody in the back on my proverbial 'way to the top'

Rant off.

Paul Lucas
Class of 2005

No offense Paul, though you will likely take offense anyway. Apparently, you are just starting out in this industry and have invested less that a year as a probationary FO at TSA.

In the above quote you say you haven't called anyone a scab, but in the following paragraph you compare your dispute with real scabs crossing picket lines during the Eastern, Continental and Comair strikes.

Let me take a wild guess that you got the gig at TSA with less than 500 hours and now with less than a year at TSA and still less than 1000 hours you are spouting off about your long hard work at TSA.

Come on man, you have got to get over it. People get screwed in this business every day and this will not be your last time. And, it doesn't remotely compare to those of us who have experienced a lot worse. If you stay in this industry you will experience a lot worse too and you'll probably laugh at how upset you got over this.

Like it or not, fair or not, management at TSA has done what it has done and that will not change regardless how mad you guys get. Hopefully, one day you'll move on to mainline somewhere, as will the guys at GJ and you'll have to fly with these guys. Animosity will get you nowhere in this business and continuing your angry conflict will do nothing for you.

TSA holdings has managed to start another airline and they will continue to hire pilots, just like Compass, Republic and Mesa among others taking many former mainline pilot jobs, as have you at TSA. Is it fair? No, but I'll get over it.

When you accepted your present job, you took it because it was available and it was offered. You didn't cross a picket line, but you did take flying that was formerly mainline flying. The guys that are taking jobs at GJ are not crossing a picket line, they take a job that is available and offered and if they didn't take it someone else would.

That's how they get pilots at Mesa to fly CRJ900's with a minimum of 8 days off, for $21/hour, and per diem of $1.22.

It is sad, but a fact of life. I just met one of their CRJ900 FO's doing IOE, less than 300 hours TT, couldn't hardly talk on the radio much less manage the automation. Go figure. I am not in favor of it, but I can't change it. If it were up to me, no one would be permitted to fly for a 121 carrier unless they at least had their ATP. That would slow down the race to the bottom.

BoilerUP said:
Never called anybody a scab there, skippy - but please, keep putting words in my mouth. I'd have refuted this BS quicker had the email notifications been working properly...

I'm glad you and this guy are good friends, that you've known him for 10 years and that he is an outstanding human being. That may all be true, but the fact remains when he left Eagle for GJ (for the PIC time and for the payraise) he climbed on the backs of every TSA pilot who earned that flying through their sacrifices and hard work for Hulas.

What about those TSA FOs who are also good husbands, fathers and friends who could have used the benefits of growth via CR7s? Can you friend look those people in the eye and tell them he didn't do anything immoral or unethical? Can you? Or will you keep up this holier-than-thou "when you get married and start a family and mature you will understand" attitude? Because I'm getting married in 6 weeks, am looking at buying a house on probationary RJ pay while paying down student loans, my fiance was just diagnosed with Type I diabetes and can no longer do ATC and I lost my ANG pilot slot two weeks ago because of high pressure in my eyes despite perfect vision. Please, don't lecture ME about the difficulties of "life" - I'm already there.

I'm about sick and farking tired of your lame-ass "I graduated ten years ago and you don't know anything about the industry" line of BS when it comes to me and any other recent Purdue alum. It doesn't take somebody being in this industry for a decade to realize working for GJ is not a good thing to do. Lots of people had families & obligations but didn't cross picket lines at Continental & Eastern & Comair. Lots of people had obligations but didn't join Freedom A. And lots of people with obligations at TSA and elsewhere didn't want to undermind the TSA pilot group in their negotiations. There are a few that did, because they were "looking out for themselves, because the union could care less about your life." Well that may be...but I'll sleep well knowing I didn't stab anybody in the back on my proverbial 'way to the top'

Rant off.

Paul Lucas
Class of 2005

Great Paul... You've been at Air Wisky and on the line all of about 3 weeks, maybe a couple months ??? Perfect, keep telling us all how the world works.. Your help is greatly appreciated...

And those "difficulties" you're currently experiencing ? It's just the beginning buddy, it's doesn't get any easier. So you're fresh from college and going straight in to the right seat of an RJ with maybe over 1000 TT ? Wow, what career hardship. :rolleyes:

Please spare me from the others didn't cross picket lines at XYZ Airlines BS. Here's another newflash junior, THERE'S NO PICKET LINE AT TSA. For crying out loud there's not even a strike. And one other important detail your 3 weeks of line experience escapes you. You don't earn additional aircraft, you negotiate it. This clearly didn't happen. As for looking anyone in the eye, don't even start. Tell you what, if you're in to GSO sometime send me a PM and I'll happily buy you a beer, look you in the eye, and explain to you that I and no one else could give a $hit.

Your little rant is frankly a disgrace to the rest of us Purdue guys out there that quietly go out in to the real world and make our way without whining like brats earning a reputation as professionals. Makes me wonder what people like you will do when the days of coming right out of college and straight in to an RJ come to an end (and believe me, it will...).

BoilerUP said:
Never called anybody a scab there, skippy - but please, keep putting words in my mouth.

BoilerUP said:
Lots of people had families & obligations but didn't cross picket lines at Continental & Eastern & Comair.

I don't think I could fit any words in your mouth, you're too busy talking out of both sides of it... The Purdue Beechjet program really made a headcase out of you, one FlightSafety SIC Initial and the world just suddenly makes so much sense to you. Must be nice.

Last edited:
BoilerUP said:
That may all be true, but the fact remains when he left Eagle for GJ (for the PIC time and for the payraise) he climbed on the backs of every TSA pilot who earned that flying through their sacrifices and hard work for Hulas.

My guess is that no TSA pilot had any problem "climbing on the backs of every" AE pilot "who earned that flying through their sacrifices and hard work for" AMR. TSA pilots jumped right into those 10 airplanes of Eagle's while AE furloughed and TSA hired.

BoilerUP said:
What about those TSA FOs who are also good husbands, fathers and friends who could have used the benefits of growth via CR7s? Can you friend look those people in the eye and tell them he didn't do anything immoral or unethical? Can you?

I also doubt that those "good husbands, fathers and friends" who are TSA pilots will refuse to fly those 69 EMB's that COEX currently flies if TSA is able to UNDER CUT the COEX flying and get that flying.

Will you TSA pilots "be able to look those COEX pilots in the eye and tell them you didn't do anything wrong" by not recalling the TSA MEC and not letting Dario extend a decade old, below par contract, that now has given Hulas the ability to UNDER CUT the COEX pilots?

If GJ is truly an Alter-Ego and is causing so much detriment to the industry... Why has ALPA National been totally silent on the issue since last summer? Maybe, because ALPA National knows that TSA MEC screwed up. Maybe, because ALPA knows that then NBM single carrier ruling has ended the question. Maybe, because ALPA knows that GJ is not an Alter-Ego.

Unions have not served this country well.

Look at our automobile industry…barely breathing because of unions. And, frankly…why are we so ‘for’ the unions…what have they done for the airlines….just look at what’s going on at NWA, Continental, UAL, etc. Why do we believe that ‘unions’ are good. Time has come for unions to simply fade away…2% dues to ALPA…for what? Obviously ALPA and other unions would like to brainwash you and tell that what you have is because of them…but…is it really.

Just look at XJ…Comair…all that talk about contracts…and still not any different than other non-union airlines…in my orientation this ALPA dude was telling us stories that I couldn’t find any truth to…but they got the 2% of pilots paycheck for sure.

Look at how many are standing in line to work for non-union airlines. Just look in to labor law and labor relations and you’d begin to find out that unions are simply waste of employee’s time and money.

If SkyWest can run without a union…so can rest of the airlines. For Go Jet…I say to UND students not to listen to you lot and get that job. Stand for what you believe and don’t be intimidated by people like you who are out there to ‘blackmail’ those who want to fly…nothing wrong at all to fly for *************************…and yes if it gets you an airline flying job, and that’s been your goal, then go for it.

And those of you against airlines like *************************…eventually time will come for you to make mends with the ‘times’ and move on. Move on people…simply move on. Live and let live.

FlyBunny said:

Look at our automobile industry…barely breathing because of unions. And, frankly…why are we so ‘for’ the unions…what have they done for the airlines….just look at what’s going on at NWA, Continental, UAL, etc. Why do we believe that ‘unions’ are good. Time has come for unions to simply fade away…2% dues to ALPA…for what? Obviously ALPA and other unions would like to brainwash you and tell that what you have is because of them…but…is it really.

Just look at XJ…Comair…all that talk about contracts…and still not any different than other non-union airlines…in my orientation this ALPA dude was telling us stories that I couldn’t find any truth to…but they got the 2% of pilots paycheck for sure.

Look at how many are standing in line to work for non-union airlines. Just look in to labor law and labor relations and you’d begin to find out that unions are simply waste of employee’s time and money.

If SkyWest can run without a union…so can rest of the airlines. For Go Jet…I say to UND students not to listen to you lot and get that job. Stand for what you believe and don’t be intimidated by people like you who are out there to ‘blackmail’ those who want to fly…nothing wrong at all to fly for *************************…and yes if it gets you an airline flying job, and that’s been your goal, then go for it.

And those of you against airlines like *************************…eventually time will come for you to make mends with the ‘times’ and move on. Move on people…simply move on. Live and let live.

Looks like the future will get brighter!!!!!!!!

Holy Sh!t.

PtP

FlyBunny said:

1200 hours... not an airline pilot. You have a basis for your opinion based on what? Couldn't agree with you more about the unions though!

h25b said:
Great Paul... You've been at Air Wisky and on the line all of about 3 weeks, maybe a couple months ??? Perfect, keep telling us all how the world works.. Your help is greatly appreciated...

Sorry Paul, I stand corrected, you're a brand new Air Whiskey FO and don't even have a dog in this fight. At least we can rely on the vast amount of experience speaking on this board, particularly this thread!

Latest resources

Back