Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G boys & girls coming wearing gold ties.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Furthermore, it's a matter of the NJ pilots standing up for themselves. To insist that promises made are indeed kept, shows determination and strength of character. Certainly, it's easier to be a door mat, but that won't further their careers or open new doors.

My posts are made to enlighten those, like Mflyer2, who don't know the background of this complicated issue. It doesn't take too much brain power to figure out the topic of the thread, NotaNJA. Did y'all catch that condescending tone in NJANJIFLEXFLOP's post? It showed that my analogy was quite fitting. All the implications were there--you make less so you must be lazy. I make more so I must be better than you. Isn't that a theme we've all seen before in life?

GEXDriver, just because I understand WHY things are the way they are, doesn't mean I don't wish it weren't so. If I weren't hoping the situation could be changed, I wouldn't suggest the NJA pilots put their best foot forward. As for noting the failures of past leadership--my comments state the current condition. Again, it's something that I regret but understand. For that situation to have turned out other than it did, those pilots would have had to act differently. They made their choices so must live with the results. The heart of this discussion is accountability, and the right of the NJA pilots to insist upon it in their dealings with management and other pilots.
They have my admiration and respect for exercising that right.
Netjetwife

ArtVandalay said:
Actually no, I could care less about the size of the airplane I fly. All I care about is how much time I'm at home. Keep telling yourself that you're cool in that Gulfstream while I'm in my boat at the lake.

I will be sure to slow my cabin cruiser down as to not make a big wake and tip your canoe over skippy! Lets see GV pay or Lear 45 pay, I tell which one I choose!

NJANJIFLEXFLOP said:
However there are no excuses when it comes time to work. Two sets of Nav lights so that idea is out the window, emergency lights are really durable; throw that one out.... we brew our own coffee so you dont need to stand around the FBO waiting for something free...the aircraft I just flew was on its 49th hours without breaking...wow (anyone changing their minds yet) and last but not least we can cook everything on board so no need to stand in line at Eagle to get a Crow Sandwich and a Mocha.

We welcome you ALL here! All of you....Save your Gold ties for when you get tired of working hard and want to retreat....Cheers Welcome to Paradise!

Thanks for the welcoming there Nannyflexflip. Truly, that is nice of you. Your pal Rusty wouldnt have the slightest idea how to be express himself in the way you have here whatsoever.

In all seriousness, enough of the, "but, when it comes time to work" crap. Again, we all work hard here. We are doing plenty of 14/10 more than ever..........perhaps as you are doing also. You dont have to preach down to us though. Just save that part for yourself. I am sure that the guys that bid it want to learn as much as they can about NJI and the Gulfstreams and they will work hard. It's a slap in the face to insinuate that we none of us work hard. Kinda like, guilty until proven innocent.

Again, thanks for the kind welcoming though.

Last edited:
Question of the day...

Why do NJA guys care so much about intergrating into NJI?

Answer...

Because there never should have been an NJI.

P.S. It's integration for now until the lawsuit... then it's the whole burrito.

Give the man a cigar!

GEXDriver said:
Translation: The Teamsters Local 1108 seat grab at NJI is in full swing. To call it anything other than that is like putting lipstick on a pig - it wastes your time and it doesn't make the pig (or this deal) any prettier.

Sir,

You are most correct. Furthermore, there are two ways to do a "seat grab."

Option 1: With the pilots that fly the seats.

Option 2: Without the pilots that fly the seats.

Since we view the "Seat Grab" as a "Seat Restoration" and "Secured Jobs" please understand that the current view is that Option 1 is best for everyone.

Once we and RTS agree that NJA airplanes "break more" as a function of a multi-airframe fleet consisting of mainly mechanical manure slopped together on Fridays in ICT instead of that Bigfoot/Nessie/Chupacabra Local 1108, then we may be able to proceed in a civilized manner. At one point, DOH integration was on the table. Unfortunately for everyone "Option 2" is still a viable alternative and one that no one in their right mind looks forward to.

Sincerely,

Col. Angus

I've met a whole bunch of NJI pilots and flight attendants on the road and I think they're all a class operation. I wish I could say the same for our own crews at NJA, but sadly I can't.

To those of you who have taken the high road at NJI on these boards and not submitted to the vitriol, thanks!

Careful, Hawkered! Your mean streak is showing--

There are many fine crews on both sides, I'm sure. I know some of the NJA pilots personally--class acts! I don't know any of the NJI pilots, but I'm willing to bet that most are decent folks that will like the NJA pilots if they'll just give them a fair chance. Yes, that applies to our pilots, too. Each person deserves to be judged on their own merits. If both sides will do that, the outlook will be brighter.

I take great exception to your post, Hawkered. It is unfair...your wife would say it's mean...;) ...and it does nothing to facilitate a smoother integration between the two halves of the company. You would like to see that, wouldn't you?

BTW, have you thought of bidding for one of the NJI openings? You think highly of those pilots and you're a supporter of 1108. It sounds like a qualifying combination to me. As long as you can remember to present your fellow pilots in a more favorable light, that is.

On a personal note: I saw your name and smiled to see you posting again. I'd wondered at your absence from the board. Then I read your post and got a blast from the past. How disappointing to see you congratulate others for taking the high road while you have regrettably (perhaps unwittingly) wandered back onto the low road. Watch out, Hawkered, I'll have to send you cards again...:p L/NJW

netjetwife said:
There are many fine crews on both sides, I'm sure. I know some of the NJA pilots personally--class acts! I don't know any of the NJI pilots, but I'm willing to bet that most are decent folks that will like the NJA pilots if they'll just give them a fair chance. Yes, that applies to our pilots, too. Each person deserves to be judged on their own merits. If both sides will do that, the outlook will be brighter.

I take great exception to your post, Hawkered. It is unfair...your wife would say it's mean...;) ...and it does nothing to facilitate a smoother integration between the two halves of the company. You would like to see that, wouldn't you?

BTW, have you thought of bidding for one of the NJI openings? You think highly of those pilots and you're a supporter of 1108. It sounds like a qualifying combination to me. As long as you can remember to present your fellow pilots in a more favorable light, that is.

On a personal note: I saw your name and smiled to see you posting again. I'd wondered at your absence from the board. Then I read your post and got a blast from the past. How disappointing to see you congratulate others for taking the high road while you have regrettably (perhaps unwittingly) wandered back onto the low road. Watch out, Hawkered, I'll have to send you cards again...:p L/NJW

Posting to ridicule those from your midst coming to NJI: Yeah, that's class. (Or is that cRass?)

Lady, you do more to stir up negative emotions on this board than anyone else. The things you must be teaching your kids...I shudder for them (and don't try to justify your foolish actions with: "I'm teaching them to stand up for themselves, blah, blah, blah!) You're hateful and bitter, pure and simple, and you expect everyone to join in your misery to make yourself feel better.

NJA guys coming to NJI will find themselves welcome, and I think they'll enjoy working here. How they perform or choose to get along with their co-workers is up to them.

Netjetwife and others,

Do you remember that canned interview response that went along the lines, "My biggest weakness is that perhaps, I'm a little too honest with people."

I have used that one since the 1980's before I knew waht a canned response was, because it describes me.

We have guys showing up to work in sneakers and running around with unaltered uniforms with their shirts hanging out, grossly overweight with poor personal grooming standards. NJI doesn't!!

I try my best to wear the uniform to at least pseudo-military standard, many others do too, but there are enough that don't and they give us the look of a bunch of wannabes. Swearing and arguing with one another in FBOs is not what I would consider a class act either.

I have never seen an NJI crew do this.

Judging by some of the responses that the G-whiz pilots are putting up with this thread its a wonder they can hold their heads so high.

We need to lift our game.

End of story.

Zman, you read something into my post that is not there. I do think that Hawkered should at least consider going over to NJI, and that is not in any way meant as ridicule. How you could turn a supportive post into something negative is beyond me! I quite clearly called for fair treatment from both sides. I firmly believe in judging a person for who they are, not where they come from.

Many of the NJ pilots know me..or of me...and they don't share your opinion. Likewise, my inbox is full of supportive PMs from frac, regional, and corporation pilots, FAs and wives. You will excuse me, I'm sure, if I defer to them. After all, what they write and who they choose to write to is up to them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back