Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G boys & girls coming wearing gold ties.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TCA.....picture me looking around....are you replying to my post, or another's? I made no comparisons within NJI. :confused: The parallel I drew was between NJA pay and NJI. You are correct that I don't know the inner workings of your side of the company. I apologize if you got that impression, that is, if you are referring to my post?

I firmly believe that the NJA pilots were definitely underpaid, and thus, overworked. How nice for you that you were able to take a job without considering the pay as a top priority. Can one surmise, then, that the pay was sufficient enough to be a non-issue? All pilots should be that fortunate, if such was the case. Relating to your co-workers as family, does rather illustrate my point about camaraderie among the pilots. I've seen the same at NJA. That didn't stop them from feeling UNDERpaid, though, when they compared their paychecks to the BBJ pilots. Lest I be accused of speaking for the pilots, that observation is derived from the vast number who voted down the Failed TA. I understand what you're saying, TCA. When you are paid fairly, you don't quibble if others make a little more. That wasn't the case for the NJA pilots, however,

My family, and I dare say many more (if I'm to be allowed that speculation, Hawkered? :p ) have, indeed, benefited from the new contract.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Wondering if #90 might be a wild card and toss his hat in the NJI ring? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. April 4 could change everything.

I don;t know about this whole NJI thing.......They don't accrue sick time, no representation, not sure about the medical benefits, 4 years seat lock.....And you're still under paid given the equipment you're flying.

Where's the appeal? What am I missing?

Will have to wait and see the final LOA this week for the details. Building up Class 4 time sure can't hurt for longevity pay!;)

I have some questions; maybe someone will answer. I like to learn new things:

Why are NJA pilots going to NJI?
Is the integration susposed to mimic the NJA/BNJ moves?
Will NJI pilots ever come to NJA?
What is NJI Capt and FO pay?

If NJA pilots are allowed to go to NJI, will they ever be allowed to go to NJE? NJME?

Diesel said:
yet the G whiz boys on this board are very quiet.

And for a very good reason; we’re tired of it. This issue needs to be decided by the United States Court System, sooner than later in my opinion. It is a waste of time to post endless dibble on this obviously atomic subject.

The two sides are never going to agree on this issue; much less an actual integration of the two pilot groups. So I say send it to the Judge and what happens… happens.

Do-82, that note of uncertainty has just vindicated my post on the subject. Being "unsure of your welcome" is much more complicated than wondering if you'll be greeted politely upon arrival. It may have nothing to do with the pilots themselves (though a friendly attitude on both sides will help) and everything to do with the differing set of priorities involved. I think we're witnessing some of that discomfort with the unknown, which I mentioned. The NJI pilots shouldn't take it personally if some of the NJA pilots decide that they're quite happy in their own neighborhood--thanks anyway.

Likewise, your post, WP, explains the wording of my own. There has been tension between the groups. It sounds as though you've decided to give up on finding common ground before the first transplants have even arrived. When you add DO's concerns to the equation, it makes the opportunity a bit daunting, does it not? Who can blame the NJA pilots for not wanting to be the first to move?

Last edited:
Heck, if the NJA pilots do not want to make the jump I'd be happy to...no union, G's and a bunch a great guys I already know !!! Live where I want...win, win.

Hey Wolf.....This thing will go to court at the end of the 3 years, maybe longer, as outlines in our CBA. Hope you're comfortable sitting on the sideline. I'm sure your boss has your best interests in mind.

Sorry...guess that wasn't too friendly NJW.....but then again, Wolf isn't know for his kindness either. The NJI folks that I have had the pleasure of meeting are extremely curteous and just want to do their jobs as we all do.

Last edited:
I think the slots will be filled....we're only talking about a handful, after all. My point is that no one should be surprised if not everyone is clamoring to cross over. With their new contract, it might be that a lot of the NJ pilots are happy where they're at. Among their friends. I noticed that you did make mention of that factor, 2Easy. You'd be joining yours, while they'll be leaving friends behind. It will be understandable if that is factored into the decision making process. I wouldn't be surprised if that's also one of the reasons the majority of Options pilots chose to "remodel" rather than move.

On the subject of friends--my thanks for the friendship that has been extended to me by some members of this board.
L/NJW

Latest resources

Back