Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G boys & girls coming wearing gold ties.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what was the point of your original post? I read what YOU wrote:

"Who will want to go first, unsure of their welcome, as they are? It is suggested that the least popular in the group will want to move, as they have few friends anyway.

I view that list of four (allowances made for the one who has tried to start anew) with mixed feelings. It seems that many of the NJ pilots are anxious to send them off with cries of "Good Riddance", and I don't blame them. They failed the group because of their arrogance and apathy. On the other hand, we all know that first impressions count for a lot. Those 4 could hardly be described as putting your best foot forward. If they go first, the rest of the pilots that follow may find themselves once again fixing the problems they leave in their wake. It's going to be interesting to watch how it all plays out."

I asked you not to try to justify yourself. Heed my advice; you're failing miserably.

Zman,

I agree completely. Let's just leave the politics out of it and get back to work. Please remember that Netjetwife is just one individual, she does not speak for all pilots at Netjets, nor does she represent the views of any other pilot's wife. She is not employed at Netjets, nor does she fulfill an elected or paid position within the union.

Some of the wives' and other pilots have taken exception to the "we" statements that she has been publishing here.

Hope I can relay a position report for you or buy you a beer sometime!

Hawkered End of story.[/quote said:
Not so fast there, Hawkered. How many pilots are employed by each? Don't you think you see more NJA pilots than NJI pilots? Another thing that's been around as long as canned answers, is low morale. Let's be fair here. NJI pilots have not been underpaid/overworked as the NJA pilots have. That does have negative consequences such as not taking pride in your appearance. Are you completely sure that you have noticed these problems recently? Since the new CBA? Or is your opinion based on past behavior when morale had sunk to an all-time low?

Now to the common ground that I have always tried to find with you, usually with some success. Talking with a trash mouth is a bad reflection on the individual and the company he/she represents. I have little patience for that and agree that it makes one look unprofessional. As to appearance, our NJ pilots are not only NJA pilots, they are 1108 members. As such, I'm sending out a personal plea to look sharp, sound smart, and make your union...and company...proud. I keep sticking up for you guys, so the least you can do is tuck in your shirt and save the sneakers for the hotel. :rolleyes: Being over weight does affect your appearance, but more importantly, your health. Please slim down so that you can better enjoy your time at home with your families.

Hawkered are they wearing sneakers with the uniform, to company recurrent, or what? You didn't give us enough information about that particular complaint. I do hope that your definition of a "class act" encompasses how one treats others. Warmth and a caring personality can save a slightly rumbled appearance, but a jerk is a jerk, no matter how sharp s/he looks. I'm sure we could find both types at both places.

With uniform-to fly a jet. Very recently.

Netjet Wife, don't do as we often do with our military operations. Win the war, but lose the peace!

It's time to get back to work, take care of our people, keep our lines of communication open..and stop the "them and us".

Let's win the peace!

We have guys showing up to work in sneakers and running around with unaltered uniforms with their shirts hanging out, grossly overweight with poor personal grooming standards. NJI doesn't!!

What are you high? I've seen more overweight guys at NJI than i can shake a stick at. Both groups have them. What an odd way to judge a group of pilots that YOU work with.

Yeah the NJA guys look more hurried because it's 14/10 till the cows come home and I'm on leg 7 for the day. Sorry i don't look like my FA pressed my uniform on the ferry. (nja planes have fa's too) I'd love to see what you look like after a couple of legs in the U boat humping bags in the summer.

Last time I looked though the size of the Gut didn't determine how good a pilot the person is.

If your going to be honest with people at least tell the truth and be honest.

Last edited:
Hawkered said:
Zman,

I agree completely. Let's just leave the politics out of it and get back to work. Please remember that Netjetwife is just one individual, she does not speak for all pilots at Netjets, nor does she represent the views of any other pilot's wife. She is not employed at Netjets, nor does she fulfill an elected or paid position within the union.

Some of the wives' and other pilots have taken exception to the "we" statements that she has been publishing here.

Hope I can relay a position report for you or buy you a beer sometime!

My, my, Hawkered! It really is feeling like old times with you today. :(
Again, let's be fair, shall we? Who on this board does speak for all pilots? At NJA or any other company? None of us here speaks for any one other than ourselves. We can, however, reflect the views of others and even share them, if we are so inclined. I happen to believe that I am in the mainstream of opinion on most issues faced by the NJ pilots. We cannot say that the same has always been true of you. Your support of SU was a day late and a vote short, originally, wasn't it? As far as my being a company employee or holding a paid union position, everyone knows that isn't the case. Are you pointing out the obvious to enlighten Zman, or just to be spiteful?

Let me assist you. Guilty as charged. Now let's give credit where credit is due. I have proven that I do follow the issues well enough to understand the nuances of the threads, and I am considerate of others in my posting. Due to my husband's position as a volunteer in 1108, and our involvement as a family, I have a front row seat that gives me a different perspective from many of the other wives. As for the "we" statements, Hawkered, are they recent, or will you have to do a search on my posting to come up with some mud to sling? I have become very conscious of my usage of pronouns since joining the board. Sadly, to the point of repressing my pride in the NJ pilots and 1108. Meaning that I often replace "our" with "the", before I hit the "Submit" button. Hardly fair, really, considering the sacrifice--financially and time-wise-- my family has made, and continues to make, for the good of the union. Thankfully, there are NJ pilots and wives, that do recognize that fact and have expressed their appreciation. The recent birthday wishes I received tell me that my contribution is valued along with my husband's.

Hawkered said:
With uniform-to fly a jet. Very recently.

Netjet Wife, don't do as we often do with our military operations. Win the war, but lose the peace!

It's time to get back to work, take care of our people, keep our lines of communication open..and stop the "them and us".

Let's win the peace!

Unless you actually spoke to the pilot at fault, I'd withhold judgment. You might be missing pertinent information. I can tell you that my husband had shoe failure out on the road before. He was squishing when he walked because the air-pocket thingamajig broke. That pilot could have had an even worse "blow out". Or, what if he had hurt his foot and couldn't get it into his dress shoe? It's such a strange thing to do that most likely there's a reasonable explanation. I advise him to contact a Steward if you're pressing "charges". ;)

With all due respect, Hawkered, what you're suggesting has been the focus at my house for months now.

Hawkered said:
I've met a whole bunch of NJI pilots and flight attendants on the road and I think they're all a class operation.
I'm sure that's true. The odd thing is, though I see the NJI Gs at many of the FBOs, I very rarely see the crews - except through their cockpit windows. :confused:

zman300 said:
So what was the point of your original post? I read what YOU wrote: The point was to try to help an outsider understand a complicated subject in a fairly concise manner. As it was, I was still accused of being long-winded. It appears to be a case of danged if you do, and danged if you don't. For you, it seems, that my first post didn't say enough. :rolleyes:

"Who will want to go first, unsure of their welcome, as they are? It is suggested that the least popular in the group will want to move, as they have few friends anyway. Any new situation comes with at least some questions. Many people are uncomfortable in the beginning. That is simply human nature. To ignore the fact that there has been some friction between the groups, will not help to solve the problem and mend the rift. Like Hawkered, I think we need to take an honest look at the situation. Camaraderie means a lot. The pilots that cross over to NJI will be leaving friends they have flown with for years so it isn't unreasonable to think that some will pass on the opportunity. Hence, the suggestion that those with fewer friends are a logical choice to nominate.

I view that list of four (allowances made for the one who has tried to start anew) with mixed feelings. It seems that many of the NJ pilots are anxious to send them off with cries of "Good Riddance", and I don't blame them. They failed the group because of their arrogance and apathy. On the other hand, we all know that first impressions count for a lot. Those 4 could hardly be described as putting your best foot forward. If they go first, the rest of the pilots that follow may find themselves once again fixing the problems they leave in their wake. It's going to be interesting to watch how it all plays out."

I asked you not to try to justify yourself. Heed my advice; you're failing miserably.

I disagree completely. Obviously, we don't share the same perspective. My post was based on two factors--the understanding that there is a complex scenario, and human nature in how we all deal with new situations. Change brings discomfort, initially, until we settle into our new surroundings. Even a move that we are looking forward to can bring a measure of anxiety when we are breaking new ground. In the pilot integration, those basic elements are further complicated by a legal issue that has yet to be worked out entirely. It will be interesting.

The Record

This is slow getting in due to a computer goof and 10 thumbs typing.

Lets set the record a little straighter.............

I left a job in 1998 to come here for reasons that had nothing to do with pay.

In 7 and a half years I have not come close to G2 pay. I never knew what others made here, but my discussions led me to the conclusion that all were less than the street rate.

My co-workers are my family so please do not portray to others things about us that you have no experience or knowledge of. Because someone gets payed more than me doesn't mean I am underpayed.

Nobody here has been underworked and overpayed not even the mgt. guys and girls (I know your watching).

Congratulations on the long overdue contract. I am sure we (and you) will be the recipients of its positive aspects.

Still Climbing
TCA

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back