Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G boys & girls coming wearing gold ties.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No problem, DO. I always believe in giving "credit" where credit is due. My reply also acknowledged Wolf's less than friendly demeanor. And you're absolutely right. The NJA pilots will be able to let their union speak for them. I have a feeling y'all won't be hearing too many taunts about that then.

I also agree with the idea that the two sides will find they have much in common as professional pilots. It's just that right now reputations...on both sides...have proceeded you and it will take a lot of personal interaction to form friendships that will breach the gulf.
Best Wishes to all involved,
NJW

I still don't see why anyone would want to jump over to NJI. They are still grossly underpaid and they smell funny...

netjetwife said:
It sounds as though you've decided to give up on finding common ground before the first transplants have even arrived.

There is no, and never was common ground between NJI pilots and the Teamsters. I will judge each NJA pilot on an individual basis, his demeanor, his flying ability, and his appearance. (side note: I wont see them anyway, your not coming on the V) As a group, I have nothing to say worth typing about the Teamsters Union and their despicable actions in corporate America.

I am part of an elite group of professional pilots who operate the worlds finest, most desirable long range corporate aircraft. The Gulfstream has and always will remain the benchmark corporate airplane. I don't have to work at NetJets to fly them. I didn't start flying airplanes to sit in a Cessna. I worked and "networked" my way through the various aviation jobs to get where I am today. I'm proud of the fact I made it to the top, and I did it on my own; not with a union filing lawsuits to get me there.

I support Mr. Santulli and his effort to win the petition and to keep NJI a non-union company, separate from NJA. If he wins, good for me, bad for you. If he looses, bad for me, good for you. Either way, I will be glad when this horse runs the race.

And ask yourself this, would a flightinfo thread have 5 pages of excitement if NJI pilots won the right to bid the Ultra? We'd be playing Russian Roulette to see who would go.

wolfpackpilot said:
There is no, and never was common ground between NJI pilots and the Teamsters. I will judge each NJA pilot on an individual basis, his demeanor, his flying ability, and his appearance. (side note: I wont see them anyway, your not coming on the V) As a group, I have nothing to say worth typing about the Teamsters Union and their despicable actions in corporate America.

I am part of an elite group of professional pilots who operate the worlds finest, most desirable long range corporate aircraft. The Gulfstream has and always will remain the benchmark corporate airplane. I don't have to work at NetJets to fly them. I didn't start flying airplanes to sit in a Cessna. I worked and "networked" my way through the various aviation jobs to get where I am today. I'm proud of the fact I made it to the top, and I did it on my own; not with a union filing lawsuits to get me there.

Someone is just a little full of themselves...............'elite group' - what a f%&king joke.

Just to illustrate my point---

That common ground can be found more easily than you think, WP.

3 areas that you are overlooking--
1) general aviation discussions
2) desire to serve the customers
3) concern for the company image

Now to practice what I preach, I'll comment on the common ground we share in your, otherwise, unappealing post. I do agree with you that the sense of being in limbo is not a pleasant feeling. Most people find it uncomfortable, some very stressful. It does make it difficult to plan for the future. I do know how frustrating that can be and I regret that the matter can't be settled earlier than scheduled. Best of luck to those involved.

Wolf....I don't think your ego swollen head could fit through the door in the Ultra....

You should be greatful for all those 400xp's, Ultra, Excels, VII's, 800's,1000's, X's, G-200's, Falcon's...They've been paying the bills for NJA, NJI, NJE and who knows where else for quite a while......

I don;t mind subsidizing your ego.....just admit you had a little bit of help.

wolfpackpilot said:

I support Mr. Santulli and his effort to win the petition and to keep NJI a non-union company, separate from NJA. If he wins, good for me, bad for you. If he looses, bad for me, good for you. Either way, I will be glad when this horse runs the race.

And ask yourself this, would a flightinfo thread have 5 pages of excitement if NJI pilots won the right to bid the Ultra? We'd be playing Russian Roulette to see who would go.

Get over yourself. Pilots should never brag 1. Flying a plane isn't difficult a monkey can do it 2. Unless you're making seven figures you shouldn't be bragging about money.

I'll choose to stay out of the us Vs them part of this debate. My opinions are pretty simple. A move to NJI might be very good for all, that depending on who does the move. Going there with a chip will likely continue to cause damage for those that follow. Going there with a positive outlook, like someone who actually wants to fly a G on a 7/7 schedule, fly internationally, and live wherever airline service is available, would benefit those that follow.

Another plus would be salary-in several ways. (all dependent on the final language, of course) First, should salary be based on years with NJA, it could be a very sound move. A Pilot at NJA isn't going to see a Class 4-5 aircraft for a long time, unless you have 11 or more years seniority. Even then, it's going to be a long wait. A move to NJI for, say, a year 7 PIC would put him at year 7 G4 pay. Compare that with year 7 Class 3 pay. Plus, his Class 4 clock would start running faster, thus increasing long term earning power with higher Class 4 seniority. That deserves some serious consideration.

Some of you keep getting stuck focusing on the few bad apples all sides have. I'll admit, we all truly have our "winners," no matter who you work for. But it really makes no sense to keep giving them all the attention they so don't deserve. All it does is take a potentially great situation for all sides and drag it into the mud. Perhaps that's how some misguided aviators seem to think things should be, dragged through the mud, all the time.

Sure wasn't the reason most of us got into this, was it?:confused:

This for Hawkered and netJet wife. I too am a NJI wife. We do NOT believe in the Union.It ruins companies.Having been on the really POOR side of being a pikots wife, I for onw am DAMN happy to be with NJI. It is by far the BEST company we have ever worked for. I am happy with the schedule havinf been in charter situations where we were always on call, etc and the pay REALLY DID suck! Some people never know when they have it made. It's just like wopmen to expect the company to pay for the education not to mention shoes of your children. Well who came up with that one? This is how it works: My husband works his schedule, he gets paid. It is an exchange of values, a pay check for hard honest work. Thats the end . A company OWES you nothing in return, Loyalty? If you are offered a job making twice the money you now make, you'd take it no questions to loyalty to NJI/NJA. Your loyalty is to ones self. This is from someone who was GRATEFUL that during 911, NO ONE lost their job! Remarkable!!!! I for one am PRO NJI, SCREW the union!!!!

I wouldn’t say I have a swollen head, or an ego problem. I don’t have a vanity license plate that says “G-Pilot”, heck I drive a 2002 Subaru. I live a very modest lifestyle as my wife is a stay at home mom with 3 small children. I don’t brag and tell my neighbors I fly this or that, and my friends at church just know me as a pilot (a very poor pilot for most of his career).

Am I proud of where I am, and what I fly? You bet I am. I am better than a Ultra pilot? No, I’m not. Look at it like this; not every person who aspires to become an airline pilot is going to drive a 777/747 across the globe for Delta, Northwest or whoever. Not every military aviator is going to fly F-18’s off the George Washington. And every pilot who gets into corporate aviation isn’t going to operate Gulfstreams or Falcons. There is a natural pecking order in life, every line of work has it. I happen to be on top in my line of work. And I’m proud I got here. I worked my way through the single pilot/single engine/single gyro/night freight, through NASCAR, and three airlines to get my experience. No one just gave me the keys to a Gulfstream, I earned them.

I may be one of the more vocal NJI pilots on this forum, but I speak my mind and have a balanced outlook on most issues. However, if I seem caviler or arrogant in my opinions due to my personal experiences, tuff. As for the NJA pilots who are headed to NJI, I will judge each of them like I do anyone; individually. I do have a good friend who I was able to help get hired starting class April 10th. He will be in the class with the 2 NJA pilots. I’m anxious to hear what he has to say.

As for what ultimately happens with NJA/NJI, it’s futile to continue discussions on this forum. The issue will be decided by the NMB, and both sides will have to live with the decision. As that time approaches, I (like many of my fellow pilots) will make my decisions for what I think is in the best interest of my family, they come first in my life.

Latest resources

Back