• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G-4 versus the newer G's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the left side you really need to be looking at the distance from the cockpit window to the main entrance door. The Gv's is further aft.

On the right side most 550's have a 7th main cabin window. The APU exhaust area is different, the shroud is centered. The outflow valve behind the FO's window is square on a 550 and round on a GV.

With G4's the easiest way to differentiate what type aircraft that you are looking at is the main wheel and tire assemblies.

Classic G4's have wheels that have large holes very similar to a G3.

G4SP's and G4's with ASC 190 (increased weight) have main wheels with a larger number or smaller round holes

G450's have a completely different main wheel assembly it has no round holes only football shaped slots.

Also you can tell the difference between the GV/GIV vs the G350,450,550 by looking at the outflow valve on the right side. If the have the "door" type outflow valve it's the newer 50 series aircraft.

Rage wise G4 and 450 are pretty much the same, same for the 5 and 550. I've had a straight 5 in the air for 14:05 with 3.5 k on landing.

Some (small number) of IV's have EVS, I think. Outflow valve is the surest method.

TC

Hey, great thread! I'm one of those pilots that is always curious about corporate aircraft... how far, how high, and most importantly HOW MUCH PAY!!! (with the way things are going here at AMRon, I'm trying to keep my options open.) I especially like the fact that you guys can make more $$$ flying 220 less passengers in a much smaller, way more advanced plane!

Seems like every one of my friends that left airlines for corporate are all outearning me AND are much happier to boot. Who would've thought the day would come when corporate is the place to be!

Latest resources

Back