• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

future wife doesn't understand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not that this is scientific or anything but, I have been in the airline industry for about 12 years and the divorce rate among pilots I have met and flown with seems to mirror that of the general population.
I think it depends on what airline. When I was working at a regional, I did not see as much shanigans as I did at the charter airline I worked at. I guess it had to do with the QOL. At the charter, divorce rate was runing rapid, and if you were married, you were screwing someone else. I guess that's what happens when your stuck in Germany for 24 days straight.

Anywho... to the original poster, find a woman that can handle it, or move on. Period.

I haven't been married very long, 2.5 years, but my wife has been with me for every flying job I have had. Although she doesn't like me gone all the time, she is independant enough to handle it. She is the biggest supporter of my career, and she is the one who talked me into commuting so I could upgrade. The upgrade will hopefully help us out in the long run.

I went to upgrade class when she was 5 months pregnant. I think it is harder for me to be gone on reserve than for her. My daughter is a month old right now, but with webcams and cell phones I get to see and talk to them everyday.

If you GF isn't supportive now, she never will be. I had one of those before, and one of these days I will send her a thank you card for not supporting me. If I had married her, I am sure I would be a divorce statistic. I don't have the same concern with my wife.

Latest resources

Back