• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future Prospects Ahead for Legacy ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys, dont get so wrapped up with legacy Expressjet getting contract extensions and 5 airplanes. This is good for the bottom line of Expressjet. Understand this, management wants us to be divided and to throw the other side under the bus and have to fend for themselves. We need to look at the big picture, and focus on getting an industry leading union contract with fair and equitable seniority integration that works for all. We have much bigger fish to fry than to worry about this. I am legacy ASA, and yes I am disappointed to see some of these happenings of our company but I also see the big picture and realize what is good for all of us. On a side note, there are quite a few items in the Transtion and Process Agreement that may or may not preclude where growth airplanes go in a situation like this. For those of you legacy ASA'ers who might not know, Legacy Expressjet is still using a different dispatch software / system as well a different method for weight and balance. Even though we have achieved SOC from a regulatory perspective there are still significant procedural, accounting, and operational differences between the ERJ and CRJ sides of Expressjet. All of these items could dictate how and where gowth airplanes go. Lets look at the big picture, focus on whats important, and not put the cart before the horse.....

hou757 is right. CAL has been paying the leases on theses 135's since they took them out of service.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm late to the party, but has anyone else noticed that our new uniforms are spec'd exactly like Skywest's? I recently saw a Skywest FO and noticed the color of his strips and how they go all around the sleeve. exact same as my restriped blazer. Buttons are the same too. Throw in no "new name" and the wing design almost the same. Hummmmmmm

If I was management, and the end goal was "One" airline, this would be how I'd play it.

Add some hair gel and oakleys and I say we merge this bit&%

Guys, dont get so wrapped up with legacy Expressjet getting contract extensions and 5 airplanes. This is good for the bottom line of Expressjet. Understand this, management wants us to be divided and to throw the other side under the bus and have to fend for themselves. We need to look at the big picture, and focus on getting an industry leading union contract with fair and equitable seniority integration that works for all. We have much bigger fish to fry than to worry about this. I am legacy ASA, and yes I am disappointed to see some of these happenings of our company but I also see the big picture and realize what is good for all of us. On a side note, there are quite a few items in the Transtion and Process Agreement that may or may not preclude where growth airplanes go in a situation like this. For those of you legacy ASA'ers who might not know, Legacy Expressjet is still using a different dispatch software / system as well a different method for weight and balance. Even though we have achieved SOC from a regulatory perspective there are still significant procedural, accounting, and operational differences between the ERJ and CRJ sides of Expressjet. All of these items could dictate how and where gowth airplanes go. Lets look at the big picture, focus on whats important, and not put the cart before the horse.....

+1 for this from the XJT side.

Can you blame U-Con? All you have to do is look at the record of our 200's in DC, and you'll see why. The MX has been terrible, and more often than not, you're better off walking to the state you're travelling to. The CRJ performance out of IAD has been abysmal. At one point, I had a station supervisor tell me that ASA......er, ExpressJet, had ONE on time departure in a two week period. Mostly because of maintenance delays.

+1 from the ASA side. Finally, a sound-mind on FlightInfo! :beer:

Latest resources

Back