• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future Prospects Ahead for Legacy ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have thousands of hours in 200 and the 700. Are they different, sure. Landing is a bit different too. But, it is a welcome challenge to me. If you want to jump on the bandwagon that it's "Unsafe" to fly both an a daily basis, I have to ask why? If you truely believe that you are operating at 100% capacity in your brain and adding another aircraft type will send you over the edge, then honestly, please quit and find another profession. I don't want you up front when I'm DH in the back or my family is onboard. I seriously want to question your desire to be a pilot if you don't enjoy the challenges of the job.

Sure, we have to work out the $$$ for dual qual, but it stands, in my opinion, to be a win-win-win in my book. We win because we increase the number of aircraft in the pool for schedules to be created from. The company wins for the same reason and also less reserve coverage required. I'm not advocating a furlough. But I am advocating a profitable company. Our customers (Delta, United, etc) win because we are more flexible in providing what they need. Imagine, if you will, that United is ready to add a few 700's to the IAD operation. They will not do it with the seperate ops that we require. Same holds true for DTW adding 200's. And, I will continue to say that we need to look down the road at the big picture that "We" want this airline to go to. For me, that means merging ops with Skywest. Who really thinks that would be a bad thing with almost a thousand aircraft and bases all over the country. Trips that could cover all four corners.

Bottom line is we drew a line in the sand before we ever flew the aircraft that it required seperate ops. Other carriers did not. They have no accident history and a record of growth that exceeds ours.

VERY WELL SAID!!! Agree 110%

oh goody 777 agrees, and not 100% BUT 110%! and now she's instructing on how to land a plane, amazing

Good grief. Everytime the guy posts something (anything), your right there for the retort. Go easy on the guy- at least he's one of the optimistic FEW here that keep some sort of pulse. He's the suicide watch for many at ASA. Frankly, it's good to see someone with some zeal here- too many haters, and it's making my time at ASA even more miserable than it needs to be..........

If short stage lengths negatively impacts the 200 productivity, wouldn't dual qual and blended lines help improve that?

If I were a -200 guy I think I'd be in favor of a pay raise and better productivity. It's the -700 guys that stand to lose in the deal but since they're the minority, too bad.

As for differences....gimme a break. Guys fly all models of lears, citations, 757-200,-300,767-2/3/4 without a problem.

Agree Baronman, they're crying about safety when they really are worried about getting paid correctly or getting paid more. There is nothing unsafe about flying three types of aircraft that are almost identical, and yes I've flown all three. Grow up and act professional many others fly over five different types in the corporate and majors worlds.

You'll be offered the Brad Holt Override..enjoy

If that is what they are offered, then they should turn it down and contInue status quo. Remember, it's management who is asking for dual qual. Let them pay for it. If its not that important, oh well. Just keep them separate. No biggie.

Huge announcement tmrw folks...Huge. Try not to wet you pants in glee when this memo drops.

*sike*

Good grief. Everytime the guy posts something (anything), your right there for the retort. Go easy on the guy- at least he's one of the optimistic FEW here that keep some sort of pulse. He's the suicide watch for many at ASA. Frankly, it's good to see someone with some zeal here- too many haters, and it's making my time at ASA even more miserable than it needs to be..........

Thanks! I glad someone else notices. Its pretty scary actually. After every post Freebrd comes in. I think he sits at the computer all day waiting for me to post. I just ignore him anyhow.

Latest resources

Back