Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future plans for the 717 at the new SWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Johnsonrod,
Great news your proctologist called he found your head. Sorry couldnt resist...

Aaaah, you're a laugh riot!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :laugh::laugh::laugh:. Have fun with that integration... You'll need that fantastic sense of humor of yours.

That's exactly what you're doing. Except, you are doing it for 75 % less.
Let us know when you do better.

"Big boy games. Big boy rules" ......

Very true. And that's why I absolutely don't want to do that for another 25+ years. How exhausting would that be? How many legs would you fly over 25 years? Yeah, that would suck.... You made my point. I'd probably hate flying by the time I retired from SWA - but at least I'd have a ton of cash.

Big boy rules? Is that what you tell your male FAs? And what's that upgrade time for newhires nowadays? 20 years? Just focus on the easy integration and you'll do fine.

Last edited:
Very true. And that's why I absolutely don't want to do that for another 25+ years. How exhausting would that be? How many legs would you fly over 25 years? Yeah, that would suck.... You made my point. I'd probably hate flying by the time I retired from SWA - but at least I'd have a ton of cash.

Big boy rules? Is that what you tell your male FAs? And what's that upgrade time for newhires nowadays? 20 years? Just focus on the easy integration and you'll do fine.

Dude, if you have the experience to make it to SWA or any other major you have flown enough to realize it is a job. A fun job, but a job none-the-less. The satisfaction of a really well flown approach is nice, but the real joy comes with the people you work with, not the destinations you fly to or the airplane you sit in.

Are you serious? Oh, your plane is bigger than my plane - so sorry... Dude, have fun flying 3-5 sectors per day to the same cities over and over and over for the next 20-30 years. Yeah, that sounds great... No thanks. How many times have you been to Tulsa or Reno this month? I will have choices in the future when hiring picks up (my flight hours in my profile are not up-to-date) and I have contacts at all major airlines/cargo carriers. I don't need to fly for your corndog outfit - I will have choices. You have no choice except whether you want Tacos or burgers during your future El Paso layovers. But you'll have lots of cash to spend in El Paso and Islip (although you will be exhausted from your multi-sector days and tight turns). Sounds like fun! Yippeee!!!!!!

BTW, my ERJ is far more advanced than your archaic 300/500s. Could the overhead panel be any older? Oh, that's right, SWA is mainly responsible for holding back the technical progress of the 737 program - gee, thanks. You can be proud of that.

Don't you need to go clean Gen. Lee's pool?

Most airline pilots pretty much hate flying by the time they retire. Regardless of who they fly/flew for.

Enjoy your "choices" when all the airlines start hiring again. Should be a snap with all your "contacts" at all the "big" airlines. I'm sure you'll get multiple offers.....they might even hire you in as a widebody captain.

Johnsonrod,
Just curious why you are here trying to bash SWA? Clearly you dont want to fly here and we dont want you here!!!! Sounds like a win win.

Can we get back on topic please...What are the SWA guys hearing about 717 plans?

PLEASE LEAVE SLI DISCUSSION OFF THIS THREAD.

anybody know the status of the ex-Midwest 717's? I guess Mexicana/ Click hasn't found any investors yet. I remember a post saying 17 or so were in Mexico and the rest were still in the process of being readied for delivery when they shut down.

Hey Johnsonrod, why don't you wander back to the regional thread and let the grown ups talk here. Go play with your toys and hush!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back