Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future plans for the 717 at the new SWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did that make you feel better? I am not sure which SWA pilots you are talking about, but this one is supremely comfortable in what is going to happen in regards to the SLI. You guys probably need to face reality and start thinking in regards to the total package instead of which side of the aircraft you sit on. If you really think you will get our CBA and get to keep your seniority, you may be disappointed.

I'm glad you'll be supremely comfortable with the decision. I hope the rest of your FO group will be equally comfortable. Total package has never been used as a determining factor in an arbitrated SLI. That, among other things, makes us very comfortable as well. You won't have any say as to whether we get your CBA or not - my guess is that you'll be the one disappointed when this is all said and done. You shouldn't be since you won't be losing anything but you probably will.

Until the decision is made you keep telling yourselves whatever you need to get through this. Have a good one and I'll buy you a beer when we're all on one team.

Last edited:
Your CBA is sub-standard; our is not.

This SLI scenario has not been done before. Top of the heap ACQUIRING the bottom of the pile (all in regards to CBA, not a hit on either one of our pilot groups :) ) So total package will be a determining factor, imo. Fair and equitable means that both sides should gain equally. IF you guys get our contract, which is a gain in every respect to your CBA, do you really think you would also get seniority. How fair is that?

Our mid-level Fo's W2's are bigger than your senior Captains, our junior pilots have better schedules than your senior ones. Not trying to rub it in, just trying to put some reality in the room. I doubt any normal person (arbitrator) is going to give you guys the moon, while not improving our lot as well. The only improvement we possibly can get out of this is a bump in seniority and a shorter upgrade.

I will accept your offer to share a beer with you, but I insist, its on me!

I will say this; when this is all over SWA will kick some serious ...... :)

Gains in a CBA don't come out of the pocket of the side with the better CBA. It raises the bar which I would think is a good thing. If someone was 1 year from upgrade, should they expect to go to 8 - 10 years away just because they get a raise? However it works out I will happily have a beer with you, especially if your buying!!
Cheers
:beer:

Gains in a CBA don't come out of the pocket of the side with the better CBA. It raises the bar which I would think is a good thing. If someone was 1 year from upgrade, should they expect to go to 8 - 10 years away just because they get a raise? However it works out I will happily have a beer with you, especially if your buying!!
Cheers
:beer:
That upgrade got you X $, but as soon as you got our CBA you are at x$+1, without the upgrade! We have all been Captains before, which side of the aircraft you sit on shouldn't matter, especially when everything else is a win.

Hell yes I am buying!! :)

Said the ERJ pilot. Does your ERJ do arcing full up RNP approaches to ILS minimums?

Gup

Are you serious? Oh, your plane is bigger than my plane - so sorry... Dude, have fun flying 3-5 sectors per day to the same cities over and over and over for the next 20-30 years. Yeah, that sounds great... No thanks. How many times have you been to Tulsa or Reno this month? I will have choices in the future when hiring picks up (my flight hours in my profile are not up-to-date) and I have contacts at all major airlines/cargo carriers. I don't need to fly for your corndog outfit - I will have choices. You have no choice except whether you want Tacos or burgers during your future El Paso layovers. But you'll have lots of cash to spend in El Paso and Islip (although you will be exhausted from your multi-sector days and tight turns). Sounds like fun! Yippeee!!!!!!

BTW, my ERJ is far more advanced than your archaic 300/500s. Could the overhead panel be any older? Oh, that's right, SWA is mainly responsible for holding back the technical progress of the 737 program - gee, thanks. You can be proud of that.

Last edited:
Dude, have fun flying 3-5 sectors per day to the same cities over and over and over for the next 20-30 years. Yeah, that sounds great.

That's exactly what you're doing. Except, you are doing it for 75 % less.
Let us know when you do better.

"Big boy games. Big boy rules" ......

Are you serious? Oh, your plane is bigger than my plane - so sorry... Dude, have fun flying 3-5 sectors per day to the same cities over and over and over for the next 20-30 years. Yeah, that sounds great... No thanks. How many times have you been to Tulsa or Reno this month? I will have choices in the future when hiring picks up (my flight hours in my profile are not up-to-date) and I have contacts at all major airlines/cargo carriers. I don't need to fly for your corndog outfit - I will have choices. You have no choice except whether you want Tacos or burgers during your future El Paso layovers. But you'll have lots of cash to spend in El Paso and Islip (although you will be exhausted from your multi-sector days and tight turns). Sounds like fun! Yippeee!!!!!!

BTW, my ERJ is far more advanced than your archaic 300/500s. Could the overhead panel be any older? Oh, that's right, SWA is mainly responsible for holding back the technical progress of the 737 program - gee, thanks. You can be proud of that.

You can't change your arguement after the fact. Your original point was the level of sophistication. I responded by telling you the capabilities of our NG's.

Gup

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back