Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

b82rez

Furloughs at Midwest

Midwest met with the MEC today to discuss impending furloughs.

The numbers will be announced as early as friday. They did not provide an estimate of how many it could be.

Last edited:
So glad we kept evil AirTran outa' here!

Midwest met with the MEC today to discuss impending furloughs.

The numbers will be announced as early as friday. They did not provide an estimate of how many it could be.

Don't think this is unexpected by anybody at Midwest. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the number is low.

Having been a two-time Midwest furloughee, I feel for you folks. Sounds like TH and his gang of cronies is doing it again. Run away and never look back... Sorry to those that may be affected.

I find it hard to believe they will furlough 100 pilots. That is around 1/3 of the list. How many airplanes would they have to park if they drop 100 pilots? My guess is no more than 50 on furlough...hope its less than that though to my Midwest brothers.

thanks Goulet, I know you are no stranger to this management crap, I hope you are right though and the number of furlough will be low, we will know as soon as Friday.

All the best.

Sorry Guys. First it was "SKYWAYED" and now it's "MIDWESTED." Good luck to all, I wish you nothing but the best.

Latest resources

Back