• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furoughs at Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't think this is unexpected by anybody at Midwest. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the number is low.

A low number wouldn't make sense, would it?

MidEx runs 10 bodies per plane, on average between the two fleets. Not sure how it breaks down between fleets. But you could look at the loaded schedules and see the amount of hours cut and determine how many planes will get parked, etc...and come up with a number.

I can't imagine they would park any 717's...but you never know. I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see them park 10 of the 80's. But if you did that, and only operated 5, I don't think you'd have the revenue to justify the training costs for such a small fleet.

I'm guessing parking all the 80's, giving up that flying to 'you know who', and keeping the 717's for the short-haul stuff.

Uhhhggg.....

A low number wouldn't make sense, would it?

MidEx runs 10 bodies per plane, on average between the two fleets. Not sure how it breaks down between fleets. But you could look at the loaded schedules and see the amount of hours cut and determine how many planes will get parked, etc...and come up with a number.

I can't imagine they would park any 717's...but you never know. I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see them park 10 of the 80's. But if you did that, and only operated 5, I don't think you'd have the revenue to justify the training costs for such a small fleet.

I'm guessing parking all the 80's, giving up that flying to 'you know who', and keeping the 717's for the short-haul stuff.

Uhhhggg.....

We don't do things that make sense. It will be a relatively low number I believe. (read hope)

This just in.... 35 furloughs and 22 downgrades. They must be parking something. Let the good times roll... 8

I heard that they are parking 717's because they can't change the seats out fast enough if that makes sense.

Naaaa....you don't furlough while you're waiting to swap out seats.

Whats the economic break-even for a furlough? 18 months?

Latest resources

Back