• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furoughs at Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe, unless they start parking 80's, which will shuffle the route network like playing 52 card pickup. Everything west would stop in MCI. Less seats, one more cycle, more fuel burned. If the 717 had more than 'nubs' for legs, I think things would be different. Good thing they always make the right fleet choices. Makes times like these super-easy.

Do you know how many 717's are being parked/returned???

Not trying to stir the pot... Really I'm not... But do you guys think that now the AAI merger would have been a better bet?? I know CL didn't want it... But whats the rumors of what may happen to MEH?? I'm now glad the merger didn't happen... AAI is going to need all the cash we can get... But it just seems the MEH guys keep getting screwed every day... I hate to hear about furloughs, MEH, AAI or anywhere... I really hope you guys make it througth the tuff times...

I am man enough to admit Timmy fooled me, but with oil where it is now we're simply treading water waiting. All smaller carriers are in this boat: Spirit, Frontier, etc.

I simply like the product we offer and will be sad to see it go goodbye soon. We are truly a unique airline. I still feel for our FA's whose responsibilities will increase 13% this summer without an extra nickel.

Do you know how many 717's are being parked/returned???

In their infinite wisdom they think it is cheaper to let 2 717's stand idle and keep making lease payments than it is to fly them.

Oil $110+/bbl economics I guess. With Frontier's Ch. 11, the government is going to need to get involved. A lot of job's are being lost in an election year. Politicians don't like this. If Bear Stearns gets bailed out, why not the airlines?

Last edited:
If Bear Stearns gets bailed out, why not the airlines?

Because it's about the investors, not the employees.

This administration DOES NOT CARE about you.

Last edited:
Because it's about the investors, not the employees.

This administration DOES NOT CARE about you.

No, the investors got $2/share (now $10) when it was at $30. It was about the "effect on the economy" was the spin from the Fed.

I absolutely agree this administration doesn't care. McCain would be even worse with his track record against airlines.

No, the investors got $2/share (now $10) when it was at $30. It was about the "effect on the economy" was the spin from the Fed.

I know what the "spin" was. The spin also has Paulson on TV talking about our "strong dollar policy". WTF????????

I absolutely agree this administration doesn't care. McCain would be even worse with his track record against airlines.

Yet you still have a jillion idiot airline pilots who will vote for him.

I absolutely agree this administration doesn't care. McCain would be even worse with his track record against airlines.[/quote]

Do not fool yourself NO party cares about you. It is all about their power, and what gets their party more votes.

Do not fool yourself NO party cares about you. It is all about their power, and what gets their party more votes.

I wholeheartedly agree. When going into the booth in November the democrat in this case is simply the lesser of two evils.

Citation, I am sorry about all the bad news, I was in the meeting today and I can promise that I will make sure that the furlough assessment will PASS in the next meeting.

I like that optimism, but the vote never came close to passing the two times I was furloughed. Maybe the senior guys will think of more than just themselves this time around.

Latest resources

Back