• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furoughs at Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep, the cobra strikes again... This is just the first step in NWA dismembering is little blue toy in MKE. I wasn't a fan of AT but I new the cobra would be worse... 8

Skyway'ed

Sorry Guys. First it was "SKYWAYED" and now it's "MIDWESTED." Good luck to all, I wish you nothing but the best.

Damn, I'm going to miss being able to say I've been Skyway'ed... Course, I'll miss ripping on Uncle Timmy and Baghdad Carol, too. Ahhh, good times. Maybe the next Skyway/Midwest Air Group party should be on Timmy's front lawn? I notice his address is unpublished- I wonder why...
When the first Skywest plane showed up on Skyway's ramp, we all joked that they'd be replacing Skyway soon. Then they'd go on and replace MidEx's 80's with big CRJs... All that joking seems way too real now. Best of luck to you MidEx guys and gals...

Flywolf -- are they furloughing FAs too? I know someone there.

Good luck -- I have had the pleasure of a Midwest ride once, all bathed in cookie odor and snuggled up in a big, comfy leather recliner. Nice people, nice product.

Is the number posted of 35 furlough and 22 downgrades seem to be an accurate number? Midwest management makes me sick to my stomach. I hope there are some serious calls to have him ousted after this latest announcement. Hate to say it but there is no way parking airplanes and furloughing pilots will bring Midwest back to profitability.

Is the number posted of 35 furlough and 22 downgrades seem to be an accurate number? Midwest management makes me sick to my stomach. I hope there are some serious calls to have him ousted after this latest announcement. Hate to say it but there is no way parking airplanes and furloughing pilots will bring Midwest back to profitability.

You're right on. No airline has ever shrunk to [FONT=&quot]Profitability. Sorry to hear about the furloughs. [/FONT]

I hope there are some serious calls to have him ousted after this latest announcement.

It looks like they aren't going to replace him, I would have thought they'd done it already. If this is going where I think it is, unless he quits, TPG/(eventually just NW) is going to make him be around for each and every downer of an announcement. He still gets paid, which sucks, but he can address every one of the lies he sold to the public, which to me is priceless. I'd torture the hell out of him while he's still there.

Side note, saw somewhere Atkin flew in yesterday or today about this. Wonder how Skywest will play in all of this.

Someone will have to pick up that flying. Probably will be Skywest.

Maybe, unless they start parking 80's, which will shuffle the route network like playing 52 card pickup. Everything west would stop in MCI. Less seats, one more cycle, more fuel burned. If the 717 had more than 'nubs' for legs, I think things would be different. Good thing they always make the right fleet choices. Makes times like these super-easy.

Sorry to hear it, guys, and I mean that sincerely, in spite of the acrimony that occurred during the merger/takeover attempt.

I would, however, love to hear Baghdad Carol explain how this is better than what AirTran offered. Let her earn that $1 Mil. bonus.

Clearly, the numbers that TH was spouting were sheer fantasy and sleight-of-hand, designed to protect his job, at the expense of both the employees and the shareholders. How that naked attempt didn't warrant the close scrutiny of shareholders, watchdogs and the SEC is a mystery to me.

Good luck, Guys, and this, too, shall pass.

TW

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back