• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furoughs at Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got any backup plans while you wait for recall? Hope everything works out for you.

yes. a former career that i can do some contract work on. with the delta information today, our futures shall become a little bit clearer in the coming months.

and thank you for the support.

Good luck to all of you, sorry to hear of furloughs... There are some d@mn fine people at YX and I hope the furlough is relatively short. I too have been thru it and truely feel your pain. Hopefully DL/NWA will absorb what is left of MIDEX...

I get so PISSED when I think of all the retarded decisions TH and gang have made YEAR AFTER YEAR. Yet he continues to rule, unf~kin believable.

TC

Last edited:
Omni Air is hiring like mad to try and get to 70 dc-10 crews. Hiring for the 757 as well, but the 10 is more furlough-proof. Good luck to all the Midwest Folks!

My furlough date is June 15th. Woo Hoo 3 days at second year pay!

yes. a former career that i can do some contract work on. with the delta information today, our futures shall become a little bit clearer in the coming months.

What Delta information??? Enlighten me. I couldn't be at the meeting... home with a broken leg. 8

Not trying to stir the pot... Really I'm not... But do you guys think that now the AAI merger would have been a better bet?? I know CL didn't want it... But whats the rumors of what may happen to MEH?? I'm now glad the merger didn't happen... AAI is going to need all the cash we can get... But it just seems the MEH guys keep getting screwed every day... I hate to hear about furloughs, MEH, AAI or anywhere... I really hope you guys make it througth the tuff times...

I am so very sorry to hear about the furloughs, we just brought a jumpseater with us to MKE a few days ago. We were expressing our optimisim about Midwest being part of NWA and that it may very well turn out to be a good deal. I am still hoping that comes true and we all form the new DAL.
Being an ex Pan Am, I have no lost love for DAL, but if we all pull in the same direction,...well you know...

I haven't been a big fan of your attitude in the past, but I am truly sorry things have worked out the way they have for you and your fellow Midwest furloughees. You do not deserve this. The Midwest pilots have always been a class act and have been done a disservice by the aholes you work for.

It normally takes a while for an airline pilot to find his or her way in the industry, especially the way things are these days. Maintain the relationships you have accumulated while working for Midwest as they will serve you well in the future, no matter what you end up doing in the industry.

Good luck.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support specially the Airtran guys, a true class act, I really wish we combined the two airlines and became a strong airline with strong future and best of all without TH and his cronies.

I wonder how much is his bonus for saving $$$ by furloughing 35 pilots.

I am truly pissed that we are loosing these fine guys.

Citation, I am sorry about all the bad news, I was in the meeting today and I can promise that I will make sure that the furlough assessment will PASS in the next meeting.

Latest resources

Back