• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furoughs at Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to hear it guys. I really wish we could have merged last year. I think all of us would be in a stronger position today.

Flywolf -- are they furloughing FAs too? I know someone there.

Good luck -- I have had the pleasure of a Midwest ride once, all bathed in cookie odor and snuggled up in a big, comfy leather recliner. Nice people, nice product.

Thanks Bavarian for the kind words

No it doesn't include any FA at this time.

going to the meeting tomorrow citation

was there today. good to see the reaction to the furloughs and was proud of those that actually showed up! now we need to get the senior ones "who gobble up" OT to understand.

Flywolf -- are they furloughing FAs too? I know someone there.

Good luck -- I have had the pleasure of a Midwest ride once, all bathed in cookie odor and snuggled up in a big, comfy leather recliner. Nice people, nice product.

Believe it or not, there are FEWER FA's than pilots at Midwest right now. They have had a ton of FA's leave in the last few months and with classes cancelled, they haven't been replacing them.

CL, are you getting furloughed?

That's a bummer guys, sorry to hear it. Skyway gone, Midwest laying off and Skywest continues to fly. It doesn't look like the "stand-alone" plan is working out too well afterall. I'm sure this will be spun as a "difficul but necessary decision caused by unfavorable economic conditions beyond our control."

What they need to do is to start cutting the administration and infrastructure down to size. Seems like an awful lot of people and buidings to support a small (and getting smaller) airline. I'm afraid that this whole industry is about to crash hard.

10 furloughs on May 15th, 10 more furloughs on June 15, and then 15 more on July 1st. No estimate on how long was given... Thats the lastest from MKE. 8

Got any backup plans while you wait for recall? Hope everything works out for you.

Latest resources

Back