• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughs at Delta and Northwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, I'm sure the displacement announcement was a mistake by some mid-level manager drone trying to do the right thing managerial wise.

Not a mistake. It was probably accurate at the time, but circumstances changed.

1. The plan for dealing with the ridiculous run-up of fuel prices has changed. It changed because the plans of the competition changed.

2. There was influence from decision makers outside NWA who weren't consulted while the original plan was being constructed.

“ No involuntary, out-of-category, displacements or layoffs will occur as a result of the 2008 fall schedule

Good news indeed. We get used to the displacement and furlough word being thrown around in this crappy business but it's generally a life changing event for the person it affects.

I don't know who that is, could you spill the beans on that guy? Thanks.

Phil Trenary, the CEO of Pinnacle Airlines. Or should I say, Pinnacle Airlines Corporation.

He created a subshell/holding company BS to circumvent our scope when it came to buying Colgan.

PT the Clown lives in infamy. He's hated by pretty much every pilot at Pinnacle.

Not a mistake. It was probably accurate at the time, but circumstances changed.

1. The plan for dealing with the ridiculous run-up of fuel prices has changed. It changed because the plans of the competition changed.

2. There was influence from decision makers outside NWA who weren't consulted while the original plan was being constructed.
Occam:

There might be another angle at play. While we have separate operating certificates we can not fly each other's airplanes. That means furloughs and displacements can't be done (in order) until we have the SOC.

The time line is very, very, quick. ACL said it well, when he said we will be talking about our new seniority numbers while we eat Thanksgiving Turkey.

In other news, Delta is now saying they will NOT be hiring this fall. This fits with everything that I was told that Delta would hire IF they did nt have an SLI.

Almost makes me wonder if we already have a handshake agreement on a SOC. As a training god, you probably know this stuff before we do.

Congrads on the pay rates - BTW.

Last edited:
I post valid points regarding the potential outcome of flowthrough/flowback agreements, and suddenly, I'm the bad guy?

You committed the cardinal sin of question convential wisdom within ALPA....That will draw cheap attacks from the bleachers.....

Occam:

There might be another angle at play. While we have separate operating certificates we can not fly each other's airplanes. That means furloughs and displacements can't be done (in order) until we have the SOC.

If the list is done and it is ratio dynamic as has been suggested do not assume DC9 F/O will be the bottom seniority numbers. We could easily have a situation where the bottom #'s go something like 3xDC9 F/O, 2x737 F/O, and so on, and if there were furloughs announced they would come off the bottom in that order. You are assuming that all bottom positions will be on NWA acft. I wouldn't be so sure of that.

Your number is your number, and furlough will be based on that, not what your position is.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back