• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughs at Delta and Northwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We also bring an almost equal amount of cash on hand and less debt. Try remembering that when you complain.

But hey, your senior guys have a frozen pension...... I wouldn't brag you have an equal amount of cash on hand while your pay rates and work rules were inferior.....please try to remember that.... Steenland really appreciates your sacrfice during BK, and that extra cash means all the world to him. How much of the merger pie "loot" did we have to use up to bring you up to our rates and give you our better rules? Thanks for the DC9s, though...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
But hey, your senior guys have a frozen pension...... I wouldn't brag you have an equal amount of cash on hand while your pay rates and work rules were inferior.....please try to remember that.... Steenland really appreciates your sacrfice during BK, and that extra cash means all the world to him. How much of the merger pie "loot" did we have to use up to bring you up to our rates and give you our better rules? Thanks for the DC9s, though...

Bye Bye--General Lee

I understand we all have things to be proud of and things that we are not. I just hate to see some Delta boys start bitching about the deal as if they got screwed. They were happy with LOA 19 before NWA joined up and then did an about face on it once we joined on. Oh no, NWA is getting a bigger raise, boo hoo, I want more money, I'm gong to vote it down, boo hoo. Its all ego and its lame. Everyone is getting a raise, good deal. Yes, initially NWAs will be bigger, big deal. Such petty cr@p to be whining about. For those that feel that way, like Speedbird, I have a little viloin that is playing your tune.

Last edited:
Minefield

Some Delta pilots clearly feel there is an advantage in shooting down the JPWA to get the SLI put back in front of the contract. I dare say that they control the internal debate right now. The current expectation is that the JPWA will be voted down. (current, as in "subject to change")

Politically every option seems risky given the USAPA precedent.

Fins,

You're right about the political risk, which all MECs hate, and that's why I think the list will end up in arbitration anyway. I fear that shooting down the JPWA would only delay the inevitable, and management would take the opportunity to substantially reduce its next JPWA offer, (if there is one). If they or the creditors are having second thoughts about the merger, this would be a perfect excuse to call it off.

Steenland really appreciates your sacrfice during BK, and that extra cash means all the world to him.
Bye Bye--General Lee
As I am sure Anderson will enjoy his cash you put forward in the future...enjoy.:D

As I am sure Anderson will enjoy his cash you put forward in the future...enjoy.:D

Ummmm, ooooooh-kay? What? Do you want me to drive a Delorean Back to the Future? Huh?

Bye Bye--General Lee

The latest from the NWA side. Good News!!

“ No involuntary, out-of-category, displacements or layoffs will occur as a result of the 2008 fall schedule reduction. Involuntary, out-of-category, displacements previously published for October 2008 will, at pilot option, be reversed. A pilot previously identified to be displaced for October 2008 will be contacted to elect whether he wishes to remain in his position or to be displaced. A pilot electing displacement shall retain the attendant 24.E.10. recall rights to which he is entitled in the Agreement.”

“ No involuntary, out-of-category, displacements or layoffs will occur as a result of the 2008 fall schedule reduction. Involuntary, out-of-category, displacements previously published for October 2008 will, at pilot option, be reversed. A pilot previously identified to be displaced for October 2008 will be contacted to elect whether he wishes to remain in his position or to be displaced. A pilot electing displacement shall retain the attendant 24.E.10. recall rights to which he is entitled in the Agreement.”

Yeah, I'm sure the displacement announcement was a mistake by some mid-level manager drone trying to do the right thing managerial wise.

Broke the *no negativity until the merger is complete referendum*

They gotta get everyone back into Kumbaya mode now.

Latest resources

Back