Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed mainline pilots entitled to left seat of their regional carriers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't he flying the stuff the DALPA didn't/doesn't want and specifically approves of in it's PWA? His seat is custom made by DALPA for him and until DALPA convices (i.e. uses massive bargining capital) management to bring it back to mainline, it's his seat at his airline until that happens. Is his seat "secure"? None of our seats are when oil and the economy are it stupid mode.

No, DALPA merely allows DAL to outsource the flying. DALPA scope doesn't assign the flying to Joey's airline. DAL gets to decide that on their own, per the PWA, so Joey owns no flying. He gets whatever scraps the mainline guys and management decide to toss to him. The only flying that he owns is EV code. Since that doesn't exist anymore, he owns nothing.

I don't work at a legacy, and I'm probably not going to get furloughed from my major. But I do have some common sense, and common sense dictates that you shouldn't get the benefits of growth while the mainline pilots get furloughed as their real airline shrinks. You're only growing because they are shrinking. Sorry, but you don't deserve advancement at their expense.

First of all, growth at my airline will do nothing for me. Nobody forced them to go to United, if they get somebody to fly their code then it's managements fault. What if they contracted AirTran for lift would you give yor upgrade away? I know you'll say yes but deep down you wont and say you voted for it.

The pilots do not own the flying, the company does. They can do with it what they want as long as any contract provisions aren't broken, from what I can see they havn't.

You go to a airline you roll the dice.

No, DALPA merely allows DAL to outsource the flying. DALPA scope doesn't assign the flying to Joey's airline. DAL gets to decide that on their own, per the PWA, so Joey owns no flying. He gets whatever scraps the mainline guys and management decide to toss to him. The only flying that he owns is EV code. Since that doesn't exist anymore, he owns nothing.

There you have it folks....That is the position of ALPA...Is it any wonder Skywest keeps voting ALPA down...

Hard to get support for a union that doesn't believe your job belongs to you and instead belongs to other union members who fly the "real" airplanes...:rolleyes:

Keep it up PCL....you are making a fine spokesperson for ALPA...

Dont worry guys, this time the regionals won't be growing either. Almost all the mainline partners have announced that they are trimming their regional partners. Look at Eagle, possibly Comair, Mesa, etc...Who knows about the NWA regionals. I have heard the SH has recently said that ASA will be flying 91 jets for Delta come fall. That is quite a reduction, more if you count the ATR's. I don't think there will be regional growth or J4J this time around. Everybody will feel this pain.

First of all, growth at my airline will do nothing for me.

Unless you're number 1 on the seniority list, growth always helps you. It's just a matter of to what degree.

What if they contracted AirTran for lift would you give yor upgrade away?

AirTran doesn't do "contracted lift." This is a real airline, not a subcontractor. But as an MEC member at PCL, I would have agreed wholeheartedly with allowing any growth slots to go to furloughed NWA pilots. I'm always a supporter of flowthrough/flowback agreements also.

The pilots do not own the flying, the company does.

The scope clause of every union contract begs to differ. But, of course, you anti-union zealots wouldn't know anything about that.

There you have it folks....That is the position of ALPA

No it isn't. That's the position of PCL_128. In case you've forgotten, Short Bus, I haven't been an ALPA rep in some time, and even when I did hold a position, I didn't speak for ALPA. I only speak for myself.

No it isn't. That's the position of PCL_128. In case you've forgotten, Short Bus, I haven't been an ALPA rep in some time, and even when I did hold a position, I didn't speak for ALPA. I only speak for myself.

Your positions mirror those of ALPA's...You are two peas in a pod....

PCL_128 speaks from the book of Herndon.....

Stand proud man....You are a great ALPA spokesperson...Keep it up.....:laugh:

Unless you're number 1 on the seniority list, growth always helps you. It's just a matter of to what degree.

AirTran doesn't do "contracted lift." This is a real airline, not a subcontractor. But as an MEC member at PCL, I would have agreed wholeheartedly with allowing any growth slots to go to furloughed NWA pilots. I'm always a supporter of flowthrough/flowback agreements also.

The scope clause of every union contract begs to differ. But, of course, you anti-union zealots wouldn't know anything about that.

That's just it there is no flowthrough/flowback provision and there never will be, SkyWest is there own airline providing lift for whatever code that wants it.

If the lift truly belongs to the pilots, via their CBA, then they can either, greive it or agree to not have the flying done at all. But they don't, it's managements flying and they can have anyone they want to do it.

If the scope clause is being breached then there is an aurgument, but we both know it not. If they want it in the next contract fine. But to come out with some BS cry that it is theirs is falling on deaf ears.

Like I said before, if it comes down to getting new planes and circumventing seniority, they can get Mesa to do it.

They're ALPO right, PFT 128?

I can only speak for UAL, but the 2172 pilots FURLOUGHED the last go around are much more VOCAL about how they are gonna be treated. If UAX "Brand X" does'nt allow our guys some left seat jobs then "Brand X" aint getting the new "Growth Jets"

Too bad, so sad. Let me guess, if mainline favors cutting regional routes and increasing more profitable mainline flying, you are going to fight to bring on those displaced regional pilots to mainline? Riiiiiight, thought so. Regionals are "part of the family" only when it benefits mainline pilots, otherwise they can get lost. Sound like your inner voice there?

Too bad, so sad. Let me guess, if mainline favors cutting regional routes and increasing more profitable mainline flying, you are going to fight to bring on those displaced regional pilots to mainline? Riiiiiight, thought so. Regionals are "part of the family" only when it benefits mainline pilots, otherwise they can get lost. Sound like your inner voice there?

I never said anything like that.

I prefer UAL flies the E-190 and I know that 95% of the UAL pilot group feels the same way. I am not getting furloughed--but I want to see OUR pilots who might get furloughed NOT get outsourced. GET THE PICTURE?

I wasn't at UAL in 1995 when they voted on the RJ's--I was an Express guy at the time myself, and I ALWAYS felt that ANY jet should be flown by UAL pilots.- I still feel that way.

Latest resources

Back