Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed mainline pilots entitled to left seat of their regional carriers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not advocating for decertification at this time....We need the DFR hammer over ALPA's head....

ALPA is going to slowly fade away on it's own......

SaturnPilot...What is your opinion on superseniority for mainline pilots at the regionals? Set the record straight.

Remember your history. How were the AWAC guys treated by the United pilots years ago?
For those too young to remember, a while back AWAC was purchased by United. Air Wisconsin "owned" a number of takeoff/landing slots at ORD. United purchased AWAC to get those slots for its mainline aircraft. That part is business.

The AWAC pilots thought, "great we should now become United pilots!" (The whole merger thing) Well UALPA didn't want to use ANY negotiating capital to get its "fellow" company pilots on board. Their reasoning/excuse was that UAL Corp bought AWAC, not United Airlines, sorry. So UAL Corp and the United pilots benifited from the purchase, but the AWAC pilots were left behind.

See also Randsom pilots and Pan Am, Comair/ASA and Delta for other examples.

One wonders what would have happened if they (AWAC/ASA/Comair)would have had scope language like the current ExpressJet contract that "stopped" the SkyWest $3.50per share buy out?

(Please correct if I've mis-remembered;) )

I'm not advocating for decertification at this time....We need the DFR hammer over ALPA's head....

Typical. You think you can get what you want just by threatening people with lawsuits. Such a sad, sad, little man, Short Bus.

Typical. You think you can get what you want just by threatening people with lawsuits. Such a sad, sad, little man, Short Bus.

Just trying to keep furloughed mainline pilots out of my seat.....

ALPA and the mainline MECs made their bed....time for them to sleep in it....

How long has job security/scope been an issue? Mainline pilots don't even want to talk about it until the furloughs happen...Then they just want to come in at the top.....NO DICE.....

ALPA is going to slowly fade away on it's own......

SaturnPilot...What is your opinion on superseniority for mainline pilots at the regionals? Set the record straight.
that's not what you have indicated in other threads, but perhaps your positions have changed.

My opinion on this issue is that I don't have the answer...if I did, I would quit flying and sell it.

But I do know that attitudes like yours, which exist on both sides of the issue, will probably prevent a mutually beneficial solution that is fair to major furloughs and regional pilots. You making comments telling furloughees (who most likely had zero say in the current scope clause at their airline) that they made their bed and they have to sleep in it probably doesn't sit well with them as they watch your airline benefit and prosper in new aircraft. Same thing goes for mainline guys who constantly bash regional pilots as though they have any say whatsoever in the size of a/c their airline flies.

From what little I know about Compass, they seem to have a good agreement there where you can choose not to flow up to NW if you don't want to, and if you choose that you cannot be bumped. That at least moves us closer to a one list scenario. Correct me if I am wrong as to how the flow program works at Compass.

Just trying to keep furloughed mainline pilots out of my seat.....

There's no such thing as "your seat," Joey. Until you start flying EV code, none of it belongs to you.

If it comes down to getting new planes or bypassing seniority, United can keep the GD jets and get Mesa to fly them.

SkyWest has turned deals like this down before.

PCL and Sonny, do everyone a favor and throw yourselves down a couple flights of stairs. Blame your problems on management or maybe take some personnal responsibility, no one forced you to the Legacys.

PCL isn't at a Legacy. He paid a scab for a job at Gulfstream and now works at a non-ALPA airline, AirTran. Yet, he's famously stated that given the choice he'd choose to work at Mesa, because they are union, than SkyWest.

PCL and Sonny, do everyone a favor and throw yourselves down a couple flights of stairs. Blame your problems on management or maybe take some personnal responsibility, no one forced you to the Legacys.

I don't work at a legacy, and I'm probably not going to get furloughed from my major. But I do have some common sense, and common sense dictates that you shouldn't get the benefits of growth while the mainline pilots get furloughed as their real airline shrinks. You're only growing because they are shrinking. Sorry, but you don't deserve advancement at their expense.

There's no such thing as "your seat," Joey. Until you start flying EV code, none of it belongs to you.
Isn't he flying the stuff the DALPA didn't/doesn't want and specifically approves of in it's PWA? His seat is custom made by DALPA for him and until DALPA convices (i.e. uses massive bargining capital) management to bring it back to mainline, it's his seat at his airline until that happens. Is his seat "secure"? None of our seats are when oil and the economy are in stupid mode.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back