• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Furloughed Flexjet pilots recall rights extended to five years.

guido411

ShesGoneFromSucktoBLOW!!
Total Time
Define "recall rights" when neither party is operating under a CBA. . . Serious question.

unclepetey

Total Time
I've seen many incorrect things on those APC pages in the past. However, I did hear this was mentioned by Reid at one of the meetings.

smartelephant

smartelephant
Total Time
6000+
I saw this posted last week on APC so I asked TC about it and he told me it's not true. And they have no plans as of now to extend it. He also said they were having it removed.

FastJP4

Total Time
enough
I saw this posted last week on APC so I asked TC about it and he told me it's not true. And they have no plans as of now to extend it. He also said they were having it removed.

Ironically, I spoke with an ACP recently that said they were indeed extending it. Who knows.

T-1GUY

Total Time
4000+
Lets see Age 65-60-1.5 years since implemented = Pilot movement 3.5 years....

Pacific

Total Time
7000+
In the most recent employee meeting FR stated that their is not a 2 year limit to recalls and that essentially there is no set limit. If you are furloughed I suggest calling the office and ask what the deal is and mention the statement made by FR. Good luck!

GSXR600

Total Time
.1solo
Define "recall rights" when neither party is operating under a CBA. . . Serious question.

The rights stated on the legal document written by company, stamped and notarize by all furlough pilots.

RP170

Total Time
Hopefully, for the sake of Flex Jet pilots, the 5 year recall rights thing becomes reality. I'm betting it's going to be a good 5 years before any of the big 3 fractionals (NetJets is next) even consider growing again and recall pilots. Shrink to profitability is the name of the game now. Just like the airlines have tried and we all have seen how well that's worked.

Hung Start

Just the cleanup guy
Total Time
enough
The rights stated on the legal document written by company, stamped and notarize by all furlough pilots.

While I believe the Company will do the right thing, don't forget this little gem that is the last line on that "stamped and notarized" document.

This policy may be modified or cancelled at any time at the discretion of Flexjet.

So, they can do anything they want, at any time they want to do it.

Hung

Freedom

Total Time
5000+
This is what the Anti-Union folk never seem to get...

While I believe the Company will do the right thing, don't forget this little gem that is the last line on that "stamped and notarized" document.

This policy may be modified or cancelled at any time at the discretion of Flexjet.

So, they can do anything they want, at any time they want to do it.

Hung

If it ain't in a CONTRACT, it don't mean sh-t.

Your employment and/or any recall "rights" are at the Will of Management, thus the term: At Will Employment!

Only way around that: A Union and a Contract

Why do you think Companies fight so hard to keep the Unions out?

Freedom is NOT Free

ultrarunner

Total Time
Yeah, agreements like that are not worth the price of the piece of paper they are printed on.

But it does give the weak mind a false-sense of security. And that is all mgt cares about in instances like this.

EatSleepFly

Total Time
Some
Yeah, agreements like that are not worth the price of the piece of paper they are printed on.

But it does give the weak mind a false-sense of security. And that is all mgt cares about in instances like this.

I agree, but it wouldn't really make much sense to NOT bring the furloughs back as needed since we're a "known quantity." Besides, as I understand it, if/when we go back it'll be on first year pay so it's not like they'd save any money by throwing us under the bus (otherwise I'm sure FR would).

Last edited:

smartelephant

smartelephant
Total Time
6000+
SO you're saying that we won't get longevity credit for pay? Because when TC called me with the bad news, I asked him about years of service credit for sick time, vacation and 401K match and he said "yes" we would get the credit. That's if we ever go back of course.

Amos

Total Time
how many furloughed so far? did they furlough by seniority or random? how deep did they go?

EatSleepFly

Total Time
Some
SO you're saying that we won't get longevity credit for pay? Because when TC called me with the bad news, I asked him about years of service credit for sick time, vacation and 401K match and he said "yes" we would get the credit. That's if we ever go back of course.

Oh... well, that's good. Hopefully I heard wrong then.

Maybe that's why they made the "agreement" only valid for two years. :rolleyes:

bunman45

goose
Total Time
I hope you guys get called back soon, but unfortunately I believe there will be more furloughes before recalls.

J3guy

Total Time
With as many calls from scheduling for overtime, I can't possibly see more furloughs period. Oh yeah, thanks all of you captains out there taking all the OT you can. I bet our furloughed guys really appreciate it. I know, you need the money... blah blah blah, rant off