Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed Flexjet pilots recall rights extended to five years.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hopefully, for the sake of Flex Jet pilots, the 5 year recall rights thing becomes reality. I'm betting it's going to be a good 5 years before any of the big 3 fractionals (NetJets is next) even consider growing again and recall pilots. Shrink to profitability is the name of the game now. Just like the airlines have tried and we all have seen how well that's worked.

The rights stated on the legal document written by company, stamped and notarize by all furlough pilots.

While I believe the Company will do the right thing, don't forget this little gem that is the last line on that "stamped and notarized" document.

This policy may be modified or cancelled at any time at the discretion of Flexjet.

So, they can do anything they want, at any time they want to do it.

Hung

This is what the Anti-Union folk never seem to get...

While I believe the Company will do the right thing, don't forget this little gem that is the last line on that "stamped and notarized" document.

This policy may be modified or cancelled at any time at the discretion of Flexjet.

So, they can do anything they want, at any time they want to do it.

Hung

If it ain't in a CONTRACT, it don't mean sh-t.

Your employment and/or any recall "rights" are at the Will of Management, thus the term: At Will Employment!

Only way around that: A Union and a Contract

Why do you think Companies fight so hard to keep the Unions out?

Freedom is NOT Free

Yeah, agreements like that are not worth the price of the piece of paper they are printed on.

But it does give the weak mind a false-sense of security. And that is all mgt cares about in instances like this.

Yeah, agreements like that are not worth the price of the piece of paper they are printed on.

But it does give the weak mind a false-sense of security. And that is all mgt cares about in instances like this.

I agree, but it wouldn't really make much sense to NOT bring the furloughs back as needed since we're a "known quantity." Besides, as I understand it, if/when we go back it'll be on first year pay so it's not like they'd save any money by throwing us under the bus (otherwise I'm sure FR would).

Last edited:
SO you're saying that we won't get longevity credit for pay? Because when TC called me with the bad news, I asked him about years of service credit for sick time, vacation and 401K match and he said "yes" we would get the credit. That's if we ever go back of course.

SO you're saying that we won't get longevity credit for pay? Because when TC called me with the bad news, I asked him about years of service credit for sick time, vacation and 401K match and he said "yes" we would get the credit. That's if we ever go back of course.

Oh... well, that's good. Hopefully I heard wrong then.

Maybe that's why they made the "agreement" only valid for two years. :rolleyes:

With as many calls from scheduling for overtime, I can't possibly see more furloughs period. Oh yeah, thanks all of you captains out there taking all the OT you can. I bet our furloughed guys really appreciate it. I know, you need the money... blah blah blah, rant off

Latest resources

Back