Furlough numbers for Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dvmthwsvan

Now that the displacement numbers are out there, are there any numbers out for how many are going to be furloughed?

Dave

who knows....

... with 20-30 leaving a week I think it will be short lived if any. I bet they will be hiring next spring.

Right now it looks like less than 200 but that's not considering voluntary furloughs and attrition. The seniority list they're using for the displacement is at least 4 months old. With the pay cut negotiations coming up more and more may bail.

The displacement bid (10/26) shows:

CVG CRJ CA 55
CVG CRJ FO 72
GSO CRJ CA 14
GSO CRJ FO 13
Total 154

I've heard there have been 50 pilots leave CA/FO's since the BK announcement. In otherwords, who the heck knows for sure??????

As I have said the past three years, I encourage anyone senior to me to pursue better things. I think the grass IS greener on the other side......like JetBlue...oh wait......this just in, JB records first loss..............Crap! Does that mean that 90 seat RJ rates will be lowered yet again???? Don't worry, everything over 75 hrs is time and 1/2!

Sheesh............ Again, tell me why I wanted to be an airline pilot.

Waco

Are the active CMR pilots going to pitch in and pay the Cobra payments for furloughed CMR pilots?

By lowering the line values and taking Company Offered Leaves of Absence (COLA) most, if not all, furloughs should be mitigated.

Longevity, sick time, vacation, and medical coverage will continue to accrue for the COLA people. Pay cuts will also have a wondrous effect on the staffing formula.

Just like at mainline Delta, right?

FlyComAirJets said:
By lowering the line values and taking Company Offered Leaves of Absence (COLA) most, if not all, furloughs should be mitigated.

Longevity, sick time, vacation, and medical coverage will continue to accrue for the COLA people. Pay cuts will also have a wondrous effect on the staffing formula.

Just like at mainline Delta, right?

It's great to hear what management is doing to help mitigate furloughs at CMR, but the question still remains, what will the CMR pilots do to help their furloughed pilots? Will CMR pilots vote to assess themselves in order to cover the Cobra premiums of furloughed CMR pilots?

Sorry to disappoint you but COLA in the rest of the world means " Cost of Living Adjustment".

Latest resources

Back