Furlough numbers for Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FDJ2 said:
It's great to hear what management is doing to help mitigate furloughs at CMR, but the question still remains, what will the CMR pilots do to help their furloughed pilots? Will CMR pilots vote to assess themselves in order to cover the Cobra premiums of furloughed CMR pilots?

I haven't heard any thing about an assessment. I would support it, but how many people would be affected. I'm guessing not many. The junior folk only make 20K so they would actually get a raise at any other job. We shall see.

Thedude said:
Sorry to disappoint you but COLA in the rest of the world means " Cost of Living Adjustment".

That is confusing for me too! The rest of the world calls then LOAs. But then again, we have commissary instead of catering and exceptions instead of operations in CVG, so that's effed up to begin with.

The question has been answered

FDJ2 said:
It's great to hear what management is doing to help mitigate furloughs at CMR, but the question still remains, what will the CMR pilots do to help their furloughed pilots? Will CMR pilots vote to assess themselves in order to cover the Cobra premiums of furloughed CMR pilots?

The COLAs and reduced line values are "what will the CMR pilots due to help their furloughed pilots." On a short term furlough I thought it was federal law for the company to offer health care. If there are any long term furloughs, I certainly would advocate an assessment for COBRA (or even short term, for that matter).

That situation is down the road ... for now.

FDJ2 said:

So how do you feel about your newly retired "brethren" getting their nice big fat lump sum and still keeping Delta Pilots furloughed and preventing upgrades by "contracting" themselves to continue flying the top of the pay scale aircraft??????????? Get your own house in order before you point the finger of shame at pilots that make less then most Delta Pilots pay in taxes. HS

doh said:
That is confusing for me too! The rest of the world calls then LOAs.
Of course, LOAs mean something different to us, too. What if the company and union agreed to an LOA that guarantees that LOA's would be offered prior to furloughs...would that be confusing? And shouldn't it be coloa? or does that sound too much like an alcoholic beverage?

Holy Shiite said:
So how do you feel about your newly retired "brethren" getting their nice big fat lump sum and still keeping Delta Pilots furloughed and preventing upgrades by "contracting" themselves to continue flying the top of the pay scale aircraft??????????? Get your own house in order before you point the finger of shame at pilots that make less then most Delta Pilots pay in taxes. HS

With a comment like that, it can only be assumed you are uneducated!
The question was....Is cmr going to help its furloughed pilots with COBRA???
If you're going to pick a fight, you should come up with something better!

FlyComAirJets said:
If there are any long term furloughs, I certainly would advocate an assessment for COBRA (or even short term, for that matter).

That situation is down the road ... for now.

I'm glad to hear that.

This is one hell of a unified pilot group. I can guarantee, IF there are any furloughs, we will do everything possible to take care of them!

the cola for one week is at a rate of 2.73 hours a day... that week off is a 19.2 7 day trip..a sick call can take the place of that..

Dreamboat,

The COLAs are not about the money. They are an attempt by management/union to maximize the number of personnel on the payroll while working within a confined budget.

Trying to keep as many jobs as possible.

Sick calls cost the company money ... COLAs do not, get it.

Latest resources

Back