• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furlough numbers for Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The company has offered one year voluntary furloughs, where you'd retain pass benefits throughout, and still accrue longevity, but the insurance would run out after 3 months. I'd think people taking these would already have another job opportunity on the side ( I have a couple in the works) and wouldn't need any of their peers to help pay for COBRA. But, if they were involuntarily furloughed, I'd support any help we could provide. I'd certainly appreciate it if I were in that position.

Hovernut said:
The company has offered one year voluntary furloughs, where you'd retain pass benefits throughout, and still accrue longevity, but the insurance would run out after 3 months. I'd think people taking these would already have another job opportunity on the side ( I have a couple in the works) and wouldn't need any of their peers to help pay for COBRA. But, if they were involuntarily furloughed, I'd support any help we could provide. I'd certainly appreciate it if I were in that position.

In fact I believe most of the pilots who have talked to the chief pilot about getting a voluntarily furlough do indead have other stuff going on or other oportunities.....soooo.....would they really need the health insurance after 3 months?

would they really need the health insurance after 3 months?

I would hope not.... When I left CMR, my COBRA letter came and they wanted $975 per month for my wife and I. WOW!!

Latest resources

Back