• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Furlough numbers for Comair

dvmthwsvan

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Posts
124
Total Time
5000
Now that the displacement numbers are out there, are there any numbers out for how many are going to be furloughed?

Dave
 

9rj9

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Posts
491
Total Time
5 til2
who knows....

... with 20-30 leaving a week I think it will be short lived if any. I bet they will be hiring next spring.
 

jacko123

Well-known member
Joined
May 10, 2004
Posts
71
Total Time
4+
Thats what everyone was saying at Eagle back in 2001. 300 pilots ended up on the street for some time.
 

wrigley23

I got that goin' for me
Joined
Mar 6, 2004
Posts
299
Total Time
7000
Right now it looks like less than 200 but that's not considering voluntary furloughs and attrition. The seniority list they're using for the displacement is at least 4 months old. With the pay cut negotiations coming up more and more may bail.
 

uncle

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 31, 2002
Posts
78
Total Time
Enough
The displacement bid (10/26) shows:

CVG CRJ CA 55
CVG CRJ FO 72
GSO CRJ CA 14
GSO CRJ FO 13
Total 154

I've heard there have been 50 pilots leave CA/FO's since the BK announcement. In otherwords, who the heck knows for sure??????
 

Wacopilot

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 11, 2003
Posts
176
Total Time
5000+
As I have said the past three years, I encourage anyone senior to me to pursue better things. I think the grass IS greener on the other side......like JetBlue...oh wait......this just in, JB records first loss..............Crap! Does that mean that 90 seat RJ rates will be lowered yet again???? Don't worry, everything over 75 hrs is time and 1/2!

Sheesh............ Again, tell me why I wanted to be an airline pilot.

Waco
 

FDJ2

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 9, 2003
Posts
3,908
Total Time
10000+
Are the active CMR pilots going to pitch in and pay the Cobra payments for furloughed CMR pilots?
 

FlyComAirJets

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 13, 2002
Posts
323
Total Time
22k
By lowering the line values and taking Company Offered Leaves of Absence (COLA) most, if not all, furloughs should be mitigated.

Longevity, sick time, vacation, and medical coverage will continue to accrue for the COLA people. Pay cuts will also have a wondrous effect on the staffing formula.

Just like at mainline Delta, right?
 

FDJ2

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 9, 2003
Posts
3,908
Total Time
10000+
FlyComAirJets said:
By lowering the line values and taking Company Offered Leaves of Absence (COLA) most, if not all, furloughs should be mitigated.

Longevity, sick time, vacation, and medical coverage will continue to accrue for the COLA people. Pay cuts will also have a wondrous effect on the staffing formula.

Just like at mainline Delta, right?

It's great to hear what management is doing to help mitigate furloughs at CMR, but the question still remains, what will the CMR pilots do to help their furloughed pilots? Will CMR pilots vote to assess themselves in order to cover the Cobra premiums of furloughed CMR pilots?
 

Thedude

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 15, 2001
Posts
1,277
Total Time
8000+
Sorry to disappoint you but COLA in the rest of the world means " Cost of Living Adjustment".
 

doh

Jump seat shrink
Joined
Aug 26, 2003
Posts
4,017
Total Time
48 yrs
FDJ2 said:
It's great to hear what management is doing to help mitigate furloughs at CMR, but the question still remains, what will the CMR pilots do to help their furloughed pilots? Will CMR pilots vote to assess themselves in order to cover the Cobra premiums of furloughed CMR pilots?

I haven't heard any thing about an assessment. I would support it, but how many people would be affected. I'm guessing not many. The junior folk only make 20K so they would actually get a raise at any other job. We shall see.
 

doh

Jump seat shrink
Joined
Aug 26, 2003
Posts
4,017
Total Time
48 yrs
Thedude said:
Sorry to disappoint you but COLA in the rest of the world means " Cost of Living Adjustment".

That is confusing for me too! The rest of the world calls then LOAs. But then again, we have commissary instead of catering and exceptions instead of operations in CVG, so that's effed up to begin with.
 

FlyComAirJets

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 13, 2002
Posts
323
Total Time
22k
The question has been answered

FDJ2 said:
It's great to hear what management is doing to help mitigate furloughs at CMR, but the question still remains, what will the CMR pilots do to help their furloughed pilots? Will CMR pilots vote to assess themselves in order to cover the Cobra premiums of furloughed CMR pilots?

The COLAs and reduced line values are "what will the CMR pilots due to help their furloughed pilots." On a short term furlough I thought it was federal law for the company to offer health care. If there are any long term furloughs, I certainly would advocate an assessment for COBRA (or even short term, for that matter).

That situation is down the road ... for now.
 

Holy Shiite

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 9, 2004
Posts
93
Total Time
plenty
FDJ2 said:
It's great to hear what management is doing to help mitigate furloughs at CMR, but the question still remains, what will the CMR pilots do to help their furloughed pilots? Will CMR pilots vote to assess themselves in order to cover the Cobra premiums of furloughed CMR pilots?


So how do you feel about your newly retired "brethren" getting their nice big fat lump sum and still keeping Delta Pilots furloughed and preventing upgrades by "contracting" themselves to continue flying the top of the pay scale aircraft??????????? Get your own house in order before you point the finger of shame at pilots that make less then most Delta Pilots pay in taxes. HS
 

Bluto

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 15, 2001
Posts
1,147
Total Time
>4000
doh said:
That is confusing for me too! The rest of the world calls then LOAs.
Of course, LOAs mean something different to us, too. What if the company and union agreed to an LOA that guarantees that LOA's would be offered prior to furloughs...would that be confusing? And shouldn't it be coloa? or does that sound too much like an alcoholic beverage?
 

737 Pylt

Banned
Um....Floats anyone??
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Posts
3,085
Total Time
enough
Holy Shiite said:
So how do you feel about your newly retired "brethren" getting their nice big fat lump sum and still keeping Delta Pilots furloughed and preventing upgrades by "contracting" themselves to continue flying the top of the pay scale aircraft??????????? Get your own house in order before you point the finger of shame at pilots that make less then most Delta Pilots pay in taxes. HS

With a comment like that, it can only be assumed you are uneducated!
The question was....Is cmr going to help its furloughed pilots with COBRA???
If you're going to pick a fight, you should come up with something better!
737
 

FDJ2

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 9, 2003
Posts
3,908
Total Time
10000+
FlyComAirJets said:
If there are any long term furloughs, I certainly would advocate an assessment for COBRA (or even short term, for that matter).

That situation is down the road ... for now.

I'm glad to hear that.
 

Homer Jay

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 6, 2002
Posts
321
Total Time
9000
This is one hell of a unified pilot group. I can guarantee, IF there are any furloughs, we will do everything possible to take care of them!
 

ThisistheDream

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Posts
293
Total Time
99
the cola for one week is at a rate of 2.73 hours a day... that week off is a 19.2 7 day trip..a sick call can take the place of that..
 

JECKEL

God's Own Drunk
Joined
Nov 27, 2001
Posts
402
Total Time
13.426
Dreamboat,

The COLAs are not about the money. They are an attempt by management/union to maximize the number of personnel on the payroll while working within a confined budget.

Trying to keep as many jobs as possible.

Sick calls cost the company money ... COLAs do not, get it.
 
Top