Funny SkyWest story

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
how does one get there pria record to sample

Former employers have to provide you with everything they have upon request. They may charge a nominal fee, and different companies have different procedures.

You can PRIA yourself to the FAA anytime. However, if you go this route you should also do a FOI and Privacy act records check, because:

• Your PRIA doesn't show your whole FAA file
  • A FOI / Privacy act will show more and
  • Anyone (!!) can make a request via FOI for your FAA file, and you will never be notified of the request or the information that was sent out.
It's a good idea to do one when looking for other jobs. I know of guys who had nothing on the PRIA, but then found out that they were in fact "investigated" and had a "incident" on their records they were unaware of.

For example, an evacuation means a mandatory "incident" that will be on your file for 5 years, and will NOT show up on a PRIA, but will show up on a FOI.

How to do this is on the FAA.Gov site.

Letters of Warning and Correction that the FAA expunges in their files after 24 months can live forever under a PRIA report if the Company wrote a letter (which is usually the case).

Just Google PRIA. The FAA has a plethora of sample letters you can send to your former employers.

Or just write your former employer ... "please send me a copy of any information you would send a prospective employer in response to a PRIA request." Expect a couple of weeks for a reply.

After my new employer sent in for my PRIA records, I received a bill in the mail for $50 from SkyWest as an "admin fee" or something. Well, I am rarely at home so I never saw these bills and my wife never said anything to me about them and she just decided not to pay them. They then sent her a letter that said that they were going to send us to collections if we didn't pay them. So my wife, not wanting this to affect our credit, paid them. The problem is that she made the check out to "SkyWest Aholes" and in the memo section wrote "for Jerry's sex change".

When she told me about this, I laughed uncontrollably for a few days but didn't think anything about it. Well, the other day we received a FedEx letter from SkyWest saying that due to my "unprofessonal remarks about their chairman" that my employment status has permanently been changed to "inelligable for rehire" and this change will be reflected on my PRIA records.

Now I'm not laughing as hard; still laughing, but not as much. I guess this could realy get interesting on my next PRIA inquiry.

Edit - BTW, I left SkyWest in Oct. 2006, and now, a year and a half later....

Your wife is awesome. When is the soonest time I can have sex with her?

$50 isn't that about the price of those "Jesus Jammies" they sell down there in Utah ?
Yeah,
But that cash goes into the kool-aid fund in SGU.
PBR

Latest resources

Back