• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fuel prices up and Delta Saabs stay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone have an official announcement of this? So far it's all rumor.

There won't be until early summer. Anything up until that is just rumor.

FYI- if you were on furlough at the time of the announcement of the merger, you will be considered on furlough for the SLI.

Oh.. and career expectations for XJ= CRJ-900. For Pinnacle: CRJ-900. That's it....

There won't be until early summer. Anything up until that is just rumor.

FYI- if you were on furlough at the time of the announcement of the merger, you will be considered on furlough for the SLI.

Oh.. and career expectations for XJ= CRJ-900. For Pinnacle: CRJ-900. That's it....

Wait, are you one of the six in the SLI negotiations? I am pretty sure you shouldn't be spouting off information on FI!!

Wait, are you one of the six in the SLI negotiations? I am pretty sure you shouldn't be spouting off information on FI!!

It's called being educated on previous integrations. ;) You should try it.

Oh, so which previous integration has involved 3 regionals, two of them hiring and one with furloughs that got called back before SLI was agreed to?

It's 3 airlines. That's what matters... you're making it more special than it is.

Oh, so which previous integration has involved 3 regionals, two of them hiring and one with furloughs that got called back before SLI was agreed to?

The republic merger that just came out is a very similar template. Furloughs to the bottom whether they were recalled or not. Status as of the date of acquisition prevailed. Also interesting was no regard to DOH

The republic merger that just came out is a very similar template. Furloughs to the bottom whether they were recalled or not. Status as of the date of acquisition prevailed. Also interesting was no regard to DOH
Not even close to the same template, starting with the multiple unions represented. There was no obligation of a fair integration. All of us are ALPA, which has a specific merger policy, here's an overview http://www.alpa.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=WpYTk6T1Hs0=&tabid=3345.

Some people need to read this... Notice it says "career expectation." Not expectation at time of purchase. Now, it does state status, which for the furloughs could come into play, but it should not be a double jeopardy type of thing. Yes, their status is furloughed, but their career expectation is not to stay that way.

I can't believe the scheming being done to gain at someone else's loss. A person got hired before you at another airline, their career expectation was the same as yours, to upgrade quickly. Unfortunately, their holdings company decided to reduce their airlines flying and sell them (at about the same time, and not to your airline, but your holdings company), causing them to be furloughed. They are now scrambling to feed and house their families, while you pick up open time at 150% pay. Now you want to screw them, and the rest of your new found brother pilots, out of seniority so you can upgrade quicker, or hold weekends off.

Pathetic.

How could anybody here be scheming? What sway could anyone here possibly have over this mediation (soon to be arbitration) process? You should know as well as anyone that this thing will be settled by Bloch in binding arbitration. He's an objective, professional, outside observer and will make as fair and reasonable decision as anybody could based on all of the facts and applicable rules and laws. Why do you care what anybody thinks? Just don't come crying to us when your expectations are trashed and we are proven correct cause all you'll hear is "I told ya so".

Not even close to the same template, starting with the multiple unions represented. There was no obligation of a fair integration. All of us are ALPA, which has a specific merger policy, here's an overview http://www.alpa.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=WpYTk6T1Hs0=&tabid=3345.

No requirement for a fair integration? Have you ever heard of the McCaskill Bond Amendment? Obviously not. ALPA merger policy provides for the same things as Senators McCaskill and Bond legislated just a few years ago. A fair and equitable seniority merger.

Some people need to read this... Notice it says "career expectation." Not expectation at time of purchase. Now, it does state status, which for the furloughs could come into play, but it should not be a double jeopardy type of thing. Yes, their status is furloughed, but their career expectation is not to stay that way.

What kind of expectation (other than complete arrogant speculation) did XJ pilots have prior to the acquisition? The longer term expectation for Mesaba pilots before the purchase was for continued furloughs and downgrades in everyone with their feet on the grounds eyes.

I can't believe the scheming being done to gain at someone else's loss. A person got hired before you at another airline, their career expectation was the same as yours, to upgrade quickly. Unfortunately, their holdings company decided to reduce their airlines flying and sell them (at about the same time, and not to your airline, but your holdings company), causing them to be furloughed. They are now scrambling to feed and house their families, while you pick up open time at 150% pay. Now you want to screw them, and the rest of your new found brother pilots, out of seniority so you can upgrade quicker, or hold weekends off.

Pathetic.

One mans scheming is another mans equitability. From our side of the fence, the Mesaba pilots are scheming to steal our weekends off and our upgrades that we already have or have a real, near term expectation for such. Its unfortunate that mesaba brings 1150 or so pilots into this merger and only about 600 longterm jobs but don't expect pinnacle or colgan pilots to pay for the decline of Mesaba Airlines.

I've not heard of any alpa-alpa seniority arbitrations that have given much weight to DOH. I hope the Mesaba pilots haven't already established their expectations around this measurement because it will certainly be a disappointment when the ruling comes in.

See, I would see it different. XJ and 9L long term expectation was to fly the most fuel efficient aircraft in the regional industry, while bidding for more flying as the 50 seat market declined. 9Es long term expectation was to have the majority of their flying (50 seat operations) at risk due to rising fuel and MX costs. They could also expect continued, protracted negotiations with no end in sight, and a potential for furloughs if they lost flying. Where XJ pilots expected their descent contract to continue for 2 more years, and although staginent, with a potential for growth.

XJ pilots are not trying to steal your weekends off, or upgrade potential. They just want to integrate fairly, with weight given to longevity. Your idea would put a 9E or 9L new hire senior to an XJ furlough that has 2 years seniority and experience. We all know timing is everything in this industry, but credit should be given to those that been in the industry longer, worked for the viability of their carrier, and experience learned.

My position is DOH based on when you entered this industry. Your first day of training at your first 121 carrier. That's the day you signed your life away, it should be DOH from that. It would affect seniority through the entire list. Street CAs, OH-XJT furloughs, 9E-XJ transfers, the whole list would be righted for the wrongs we have felt over the years. If a person is junior to me because of a furlough somewhere else and it effects me, so be it. Let them end up senior to me, they deserve it.

Latest resources

Back