Ft. Rucker?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nosehair

Anybody at, or recently been at Mother Rucker lately?
Who's the civilian contract instructor there now?
I was there in the 60's/70's...

Andy Neill said:
Hey! So was I!

Yeah?...Where are you now? Been back there lately?

I'm wondering who is the civilian contract company doing the helicopter flight instruction, these days, if any. I've lost touch with that place. I did contract fixed-wing (birddogs & barons) in the late 60's with Ross Aviation, Then a hitch as a warrent officer instructor in UH-1 instruments in the early 70's, then on to PHI in the Gulf,...then to Alaska....

LSI's the contractor teaching primary, instruments, and BCS now. Flight Safety Dothan is doing the fixed wing training.

Flight school XXI has been going for some time. The new program that they're trying to implement is called "future" flight school XXI. Best I can tell, they're trying to see what the minimum number of hours is they can get away with for training new aviators. Both of those programs, along with AQC are taught by military IP's and DAC's.

I heard that that TRADOC's doing away with the colored baseball caps or it may already have happened.

First black berets for all and now this.

Is nothing sacred?

Orange Flight
'83

Nothing at all is sacred anymore. It's been black berets for flight students since June 2004.

Birdstrike said:
I heard that that TRADOC's doing away with the colored baseball caps or it may already have happened.

First black berets for all and now this.

Is nothing sacred?

Orange Flight
'83

I agree. I hated wearing that black bastard. Still have my cap from flight school even though it is well worn and torn.

Light Blue Flight

A good friend of mine is a civilian instructor there. She mentioned that this new training program will train pilots from the get go in their weapons system. So, an Apache driver will learn to fly in an Apache! Is this correct or did not fully understand her?

Latest resources

Back