Ft. Rucker?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Birdstrike said:
I heard that that TRADOC's doing away with the colored baseball caps or it may already have happened.

First black berets for all and now this.

Is nothing sacred?

Orange Flight
'83

Hey Birdstrike, were you 83-1? I was in that class.

I had to check, it's been awhile. I was Orange 84-2.

usually not on this site but, wow, it is amazing how much time has gone by. I gradyeeated (yes i spelled it that way on purpose) Huey track 88-22 then went to cobra AQC . scary thing is that has been over 16 years since then............................ bring back the baseball caps.
quick story, i was in the smithsonian air museum with my daughter last yr. She saw a Huey and i told her, real proud like...yep i flew them .........then i pointed out a Cobra and said yep flew them too......... we were walking a little later and real innocent like she looked up and said ........... gee dad you are old............................. :(

ruhroa said:
...quick story, i was in the smithsonian air museum with my daughter last yr. She saw a Huey and i told her, real proud like...yep i flew them...
Assuming it was the new annex out in Fairfax that you visited. They do have a UH-1 there but I don't believe the main Air & Space Museum on the Mall has a Huey displayed anywhere.

I could never understand why an Army UH-1 isn't prominently displayed. I may be wrong but I believe it has something to do with the Smithsonian's weak knees when it comes to displaying anything used in warfare. They do it but they wished they didn't have to. Their Enola Gay exhibit was really watered-down and one-sided until veteran's groups forced them to tell the full story.

A UH-1 should certainly be on display in the main Smithsonian Air & Space Museum.

yep at udayse hall iad ........... sp

Has anyone seen Harold Quattlebaum there lately?? He was a primary instructor of mine back in 1990.

earl

Yeah we are all getting old...You especially know it when you see an old cobra you flew permanently attached to a pedestal on display....

Royle Blue 81-21...

TH-55, UH-1, OH-58, AH-1, AH-64, CH-47 and finally the slowest of them all C-23 LOL Somehow I missed the 60

The earlier post mentioning "george" could also have been George Perez..He's still alive and stirring. I sure some will recognize that name!!

Still Climbing
TCA

I loved LA...Hell I got lucky in all three corners of the red triangle Daleville, Ozark and Enterprise...I guess I did spend entirely too much time stationed there. But I enjoyed flying the only solid green permanent party cobras. No school house for me:)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back