• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FSI instructor jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You must have misunderstood him...there is no way a straight instructor is making anywhere near 130 -- was he a management guy? I just spoke to a couple different director level guys at Simuflite last week regarding a couple of different salary issues and 130 wasn't even in the realm of what was being discussed.

I'm not saying that he didn't make 130 but he didn't make it as a regular instructor - there has to be more to the story.

He was a more senior instructor in the program (there 2-3 years) but not a manager.

I want to say the exact number was 126K - severely underpaid for the job he had IMO.

He had weeks that were 100+ hours. This I know, I had initial with him.

Last edited:
There is alot of "don't ask, don't tell" type stuff going on but if you follow the corporate policy you are basically limited to SIC flying in the type that you're teaching on and can only do that for FSI customers. Very restrictive.

Ok, fair enuff. Just to clarify though- as instructor, you get the 'full' PIC type for a given sim, yet FSI corp policy dictates that you only do limited flying for customer, and only as an SIC...correcto?

Thanks for answering all my dumba$$ questions.

Ok, fair enuff. Just to clarify though- as instructor, you get the 'full' PIC type for a given sim, yet FSI corp policy dictates that you only do limited flying for customer, and only as an SIC...correcto?

Thanks for answering all my dumba$$ questions.

EPC - the majority of sim instructors have limited time in the airplane, so regardless of the type you have, they usually fill in as SIC's only.

Someone mentioned above that the schedules vary greatly between centers. It'd be nice if you could sort of "bid" a schedule to your liking 'a la airline.'

Most folks probably don't like the late nite sim sessions, or weekends. However, I'd be ALL OVER that stuff like a fly on ____. Anyone know if you have a say in the schedule, and whether it comes out weekly, monthly, ect.?

Does anyone know how the schedule is with the Cessna or Beech centers, for example Wichita and/or San Antonio?

CL600:

Will having a couple of Citation type ratings help in getting an interview with FSI? Just curious. I did both my Citation 500 and 650 series with FSI, plus numerous other training. I think its a great company.

thanks

The more I research, the better it sounds. At the very least, it'd be a great place to hang one's hat for a few years- especially given the state of our industry. It'd probably make a good career as well.

I've heard a few different opinions about this, but supposing an instructor has a pretty solid background in pt 121, 135, corporate, mil or whatever: Is it very do-able for that individual to get back into the flying scene after a couple years? What about getting propositioned by the clients to work for them? Any info would be most apreciated, thanks all.

Latest resources

Back