FSI instructor jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyby1206

Anyone have info on starting pay, scheds, competitive mins? Do you have to know someone currently working there to get an interview? Specifically interested in ILM, SAV, CMH, TEB, MCO locations. Thanks

Last edited:
Hey, I heard 55K is about normal with good benifits. I lived in Wichita and have some friends at FSI Citation - Wichita. I think their schedule depends on class dates. I think the QOL if pretty good if you don't mind the teaching thing and not really getting to do much real flying. I see ads for them online and I don't think they care so much about times as your ability to teach. I know a guy who hadn't flown in 2 years who got a job but he will do well as he is a good instructor... Hope this helps a little...

That does help a lot, thanks for the info. From what I gather the instructors seem to be pretty happy with relatively good benefits/pay/qol. I will have to get the ATP cert out of the way and apply.

I have had two friends leave the airline world for the MCO facility. Both of them are very happy instructing there. Money is good and so is their life. Good luck with it!

FSI ATL was looking for a CRJ and lear (31 or 45, not sure) instructors a few months ago. Not sure if they still are or not. Most of the instructors I know there seem to like it. Not sure about pay etc.

I have had two friends leave the airline world for the MCO facility. Both of them are very happy instructing there. Money is good and so is their life. Good luck with it!

No doubt. My qol shot up tremendously when I left flying full time. I especially like the days which are only three hours long (sometimes).

Anyone know what competitive mins would be for a FSI job? Do they prefer high time guys with lots of PIC?

As an instructor, are able to aqcuire an extra type rating or two outside of the one you need for the particular aircraft you're instructing in? For example, you're instructing in a Beechjet, but would like the Hawker 800 type for your own 'self betterment.'

Is it possible to get discounted training for such a thing? Or to 'buddy up' with a fellow instructor for the prep, then pay an examiner? Or is that completely off limits?

Latest resources

Back