• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier pilots please read:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing to chat about so don't take it personal. I don't think TOGA is being negative. You actually have the right attitude, however, don't get complacent. You should enjoy where you work and hope for the best, but you also need to get involved and be aware of what your company is doing.

If our congress (employees) would've done that to our president (employer) maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we're in in Iraq. Just a thought.

Thank you.

Cya

Hey Capt OVERS is your real name SEN. John Kerry ?!!!!

No it's John Murtha. Thank you very much. And please don't tell me you fell for that white house spin? If you see his whole quote you see he was making a jab at Bush, not the troops. His audience knew it as well that's why they were laughing. If you only saw the Fox News coverage then I understand why you think that way. I saw the Fox clip and it was taken out of context of the larger quote. Fox misrepresenting the facts? Who would believe it?

Mr. Murtha

So that this thread might get back on point;

The company and union mouthpiece both speak with one voice and that voice says one list is too expensive or one list won't work. Why please? Give us some facts FAPA. How? Can we please hear some figures from Frontier, not just because Thomas/Potter says so. It worked at Jetblue did it not? Let me say this again, as many on here rarely look outside their home base. At Jetblue the E-190's are on the same list. Has anyone at FAPA or the company looked into how much it's going to cost to get another building, another dispatch center, computers, schedulers, office equipment, accounting; etc?! The costs are staggering, just how much money is going to be saved by letting labor at Lynx be non - union/b or c scale? Not enough to buy, rent, or build another GO methinks. We all know what the quality of service is like at the low paying regional level, and in order to generate the kind of savings to make any sense, the pilots, mechanics, managers, and FA's are going to have to work for free. Has our union done ANY analysis of the costs involved vs. cost of labor savings? The cheapest thing to do is put the 10 --400's at Frontier, hire the guys to staff it, use the existing infrasructure, and if it doesn't work, then return the aircraft to the leasors and furlough the extra pilots and flight attendants. As far as how to staff it and how classes would work, well just like at Jet Blue or any other airline, seniority in class gets you a base assignment and and an equipment assignment. Keep the pay rates low on the -400 and you won't generate extra training costs. Call it a "B" scale or whatever, it' not rocket science people.

Unless of course someone is NOT telling the truth.

Last edited:
So, any idea when FAPA is going to make this request? The folks at the GO are putting all this stuff together right now, not next month or even next year. The wheels are already rolling on Lynx and if the pilots at Frontier don't start talking right now and get what they can, they will be left out in the cold.

So the question is, when will the requests be made by FAPA and when will management reply?

Well, guys I spent four hours yesterday listening to the CP, VP of Flt Ops, COO and CEO talk. I asked several questions regarding Lynx and, specifically, why it 'needs' to be a separate company. Additionally, I've talked to two FAPA board members in the last couple of days. For whatever my opinion is worth, there's absolutely no way we're going to get a 'one list' arrangement. I still firmly believe that it is the only solution to this situation, but it just isn't going to happen. Management has good reasons to want two separate companies . . . reasons that seem to involve the long-term success of Frontier Airlines, Inc. I do not believe that anyone in our current management team has ulterior motives in forming separate companies. This does not mean that I'm any less concerned about the long-term risk we run under new management . . . whenever and however that change might occur. Furthermore, I'm convinced that the battle for one list would require far more unity and sacrifice than this pilot group is able or willing to put forth and endure. So, I'm going to try to be like so many of my colleagues and find my 'happy place' and hope for the best. There are some great things coming to us here at Frontier, and I look forward to the upcoming changes and advancements I've heard about over the last couple of days. Let's just hope we can survive in this screwed up industry. Pass the Rocky Mountain Kool-Aid! :beer:

Hey TOGA, take a look at the 1y and 2y FRNT charts. What you think is the best for the pilot group, may not necessarily be best for the shareholder. FRNT has been on a slide, and like it or not, FRNT mangement's first responsiblity is to act in, what THEY believe, is in the best interest of the investor. And like it or not, it's going to be more expensive to run those airplanes on FRNT than it will be as a wholly-owned subsidiary.

Last edited:
Pinnacle?

Frontier Airlines to announce regional operator soon
http://www.freenewmexican.com/news/53296.html#

By CATHERINE TSAI | Associated Press
December 7, 2006

DENVER (AP) - Frontier Airlines expects to announce within the next 45 days who will be the new operator of its regional service, Chief Financial Officer Paul Tate said Thursday.

Frontier Airlines Holdings Inc., the parent company of the Denver-based low-fare carrier, has been seeking bids from airlines interested in flying 17 regional jets.

Horizon Air had been flying nine CRJ-700 regional jets under the Frontier JetExpress brand since 2004. Frontier and Horizon, a subsidiary of Seattle-based Alaska Air Group Inc., decided to part ways as Frontier expanded the regional service.

Tate said at the Calyon Securities airline conference in New York that an announcement on the new operator would likely come in 30 to 45 days.

In September, Frontier also said it would buy 10 Q400 aircraft from Bombardier Inc.

Tate said the planes, with their powerful engines that are well-suited to mountain flying, were perfect for serving Telluride, Aspen and Vail. Frontier is interested in getting into all three ski resort towns, Tate said.

"We want to be Colorado's best airline. You can't be Colorado's best airline and not serve those markets," he said.

Frontier faces competition in Denver from United Airlines, which has a hub here, and Southwest Airlines, which reintroduced service here in January. Expanding to cities where Southwest would not fly and to Mexico will help Frontier diversify a bit from Denver, Tate said.

For instance, Frontier already offers service to the Mexican cities of Cabo San Lucas, Cancun and Puerto Vallarta from cities other than Denver.

Adding service in Mexico, where there is less competition, offers more profitable opportunities than trying to steal market share domestically, Tate said.

Frontier shares were trading down 18 cents at $7.50 midday Thursday on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

UltraRunner -

I'm not sure I understand your post fully. I don't know what "1y and 2y FRNT charts" are. As for what's best for the pilot group 'versus' what's best for the shareholders, I stand by my first post on this thread. How has 'FRNT been on a slide'? I agree, and I've stated before, that management's responsibility is to the shareholders. As for the last sentence of your post, I was hoping that management could look beyond direct operating cost, into the intangibles of turnover, dedication, motivation and efficiency . . . not so, I'm afraid. So be it.

Hey TOGA, take a look at the 1y and 2y FRNT charts. What you think is the best for the pilot group, may not necessarily be best for the shareholder. FRNT has been on a slide, and like it or not, FRNT mangement's first responsiblity is to act in, what THEY believe, is in the best interest of the investor. And like it or not, it's going to be more expensive to run those airplanes on FRNT than it will be as a wholly-owned subsidiary.

Latest resources

Back