• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier pilots please read:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So if it is one list for pilots, what is the company to gain by allowing this?

You have to think that they are going to be paying regional wages for these Q400 pilots. They also probably don't want people to get hired, fly the "little prop" for a year or so, and then when they get the seniority they move to the bus and more money has to be spent to get them trained for that aircraft along with their replacement in the Q400 again.

I think it would be great for Frontier to have one list, but I don't see them allowing it because it will cost them so much more in the end. I am not sure how the company will be happy if the pilots are all on one list.

Also the other thing you have to wonder, if the pilots get this, then why not other work groups too?

Last edited:
I am curious what the Frontier union has to say about this. One pilot group would be under one union-a good thing. But a seperate pilot group? Would they be with the union or not. If not union, their would be a lot of bad blood between the pilot groups, and how would this effect pilots who want to go from Lynx to Frontier?

Stagnation you bet

The Q400 will fly 1200 miles, IE MCI, LAS, ABQ to name a few. Things will slow and the original plan for 70 Airbus will prob really happen verses getting new ones. For anyone hired after Feb of 04 no upgrade to captain with 70 jets. I know since I'm in that group. The Q400 really makes it look as upgrade will not happen under current fleet plans. I like the post that said Captain in four year "management said so" Well folks TWA said captain in 5 now look. Remember "concept, design, IPO, build, make the books and the operation look good and then SELL to get your money" Someday they will polish the bithch up and sell it and we have all seen it , Morris, Republic, TWA, Reno. Well those guys really made out well. Also keep in mide that the company in the fall of 2004 sold 93 mill dollars in Class C stock that has a mandatory buy back period starting in 2009 for fours years at between 21 to 24 mill per year or they must refinance. They are using that money from F9 mainline to start lynx. They are gambling with your future. But Potter is our friend so he would never screw the employees. It's business, so he would if they thought it would get the most bang for the buck verses selling it. Remember F9 and its management has proven themselves so they can now go to other airline jobs, They are now in the "in" crowd and deserve to be, thus your future is less sucure since they now have options. They are there to run a company and could give a ******************** about you, your family or your upgrade. They are their to build and run a business. Nothing personal, you are just a pawn so save our money and never forget you can only depend on yourself, friends and family. Stop being so Idealistic, thats how 15 million Germans were convince to join the Nazi party.

F9R, Growth that takes away your upgrade and kills your quality of life is NOT GOOD GROWTH.

Gup

Lack of education

F9 is hiring highschool grads with no degrees for a reason. An uneducated work force is an easly munipulated work force. GuppyWN you are right they are selling this as growth and its good for the work force. Well they will most likely bring in good revenue, but will take away some flying within the 1200 mile ring. And for your info I am going so bite me. Good luck let me know what its like to sit in the right seat forever, but hey we got Q400. Try looking at the big picture and keep our resume up to speed.

Careful Frontier pilots, looking long term, Mgmt may decide to purchase 319's for the Lynx (alter ego) certificate, pursue DOT certification and get approval. Once this happens, Frontier as we know it is done. This has happened and it would be a darn shame. Frontier is a wonderful airline with A+ employees but greed at the top will destroy it. The bean counters look at costs and a cheaper way to do business. Good luck. My bet is the Lynx will not be union (full of company promises and B.S. but no union)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back