• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier pilots please read:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well here it comes. If the compamy is telling you 4 years to upgrade that is also the oldest trick in the book when almost everyone is hiring. Wait tell late next year when UAl, NWA start to hire. I bet they will say 3 years which they will be right becasue it will be obvious by then what they are doing so why not leave to one of the legacys. Almost all the flying out of STL which was done by TWA is now RJ's. The traveling public hates them. F9 always sold the service and nice jets. Well once people start showing up and find out they are on a TP it will piss them off. Remember Potter is the CEO to run the company or profit. So when he asks for a pay freeze, which he as in the new TA make sure you take it, and while your at it see if he want your wife to whore out so make a few extra bucks and maybe you can sell one of your kids kidneys to help him out also. What a bunch of dum Sh$ts to sit back and do nothing.

Dude, you really shouldn't go near the computer until you've taken your medication. Getting ready for that Southwest interview?

Good Luck dude,

F9, You just don't see it. That's ok most of America is stupid too so you are not alone. Let me know how the wage freeze in the TA you never address goes and the slow growth in mainline. I can't wait 12 to 18 months from now to say I told you so. But hey company loyality is big in the airline industy, from managment I mean. I would suggest you get Potters numbers so when you need a loan you can call him at his new job when he moves on to bigger and better deals and gets away from the smoking wreak. Hey F9 let me hear you deny the new TA that will be out in several weeks. Just remember that the senior guys in the union are all Captains so if mainline growth stalls what do they care, its not like they aren't going to move up to the B777. They got everything they need, the left seat. Go ahead and deny it.

Personally, I think the sooner we can get you off the property things will get better! :D Your constant positive attitude and stellar personality are just what they need over at SWA. As to the "TA", I guess we shall see about it. Most captains will vote no to anything that amounts to a penny less in compensation, regardless what that means for growth.

Most captains will vote no to anything that amounts to a penny less in compensation, regardless what that means for growth.

Which is why the TA will pass. It's not really a "pay reduction" it's just a "pay freeze". For most captains it will be approximately a 2 year pay freeze. For FO's who may upgrade, they'll make 3% less than captains who've gone before. Nevermind that the built-in COLA will not cover even 1/4 of the inflation we'll experience during the life of the contract--or that it will barely bring us back to where we are now. Nevermind that the rest of the industry is on its way back up while we're about to approve a concessionary agreement. Nevermind that we'll also be giving up work rules and basically buying (by trading the ESOP) a very limited retirement plan--that also favors the senior folks.

I'm frequently frustrated, but all of the above is actually fairly predictable. From an objective viewpoint, I have to remind myself that I went to work for Wal-Mart, not Nordstroms. The business plan of an LCC includes _Low Costs_. Whenever the higher-end carriers lower their costs, it redefines low costs which puts downward pressure on LCC's to maintain their cost advantage.

It sucks, but it's true. I realize that all of the above will bring out the "then go somewhere else" comments, but understand that I'm not unhappy to be working for Frontier and I've made a conscious effort to present a positive attitude while I'm at work. The point is that part of not being frustrated by the situation is understanding it and trying to be objective rather than emotional.

I don't know... I guess it works for me.

Last edited:
Personally, I think the sooner we can get you off the property things will get better! :D Your constant positive attitude and stellar personality are just what they need over at SWA. As to the "TA", I guess we shall see about it. Most captains will vote no to anything that amounts to a penny less in compensation, regardless what that means for growth.

LOWPAY is off property, HE is on a LOA.
Pretty soon I hope Purple hires him, for his own sake. Because he seems so miserable and unhappy here.

Scope is important and everybody has valid points. But dont let Lowpay or TOGA fool you, F9 is a temporary stop in their careers. They will move on to SWA, FEDEX and UPS, only to complain about those companies when they are there.

For all you F9 hopefuls, when you do get an interview here, make sure this is the place you want to be. DOnt waste your time interviewing and commutting only to complain and hate your job.

Good Luck & CYA

But dont let Lowpay or TOGA fool you, F9 is a temporary stop in their careers. They will move on to SWA, FEDEX and UPS, only to complain about those companies when they are there.

Well, with that baseless insult, you've proven your own myopia. I actually decided to come to F9 instead of sticking it out in the left seat of an RJ, hoping for 'the next best thing' to come along because I believe in this company. That's precisely why I'm "complaining" so much . . . I want to retire from Frontier Airlines, not sit idly by while my (and your) future is destroyed. Why on earth would I leave 95 hours/month of turbine PIC, take a 25% pay cut, and leave my family five days/week to commute across the country to the bottom a small seniority list when I was in the top 25% of a big one if I considered Frontier a "temporary stop" in my career?! I may be stupid enough to pursue flying for a living, but I'd like to believe I'm not a complete idiot. If Frontier becomes a "temporary stop" in my career, it will be because I've lost faith in our leadership, and I have to do what's best for my family. I really want to sell the house in Ohio, move the family back to Colorado, and live happily ever after. However, I don't feel real confident doing that with these shenanigans going on. That is why I'm "complaining".

Well, with that baseless insult, you've proven your own myopia. I actually decided to come to F9 instead of sticking it out in the left seat of an RJ, hoping for 'the next best thing' to come along because I believe in this company. That's precisely why I'm "complaining" so much . . . I want to retire from Frontier Airlines, not sit idly by while my (and your) future is destroyed. Why on earth would I leave 95 hours/month of turbine PIC, take a 25% pay cut, and leave my family five days/week to commute across the country to the bottom a small seniority list when I was in the top 25% of a big one if I considered Frontier a "temporary stop" in my career?! I may be stupid enough to pursue flying for a living, but I'd like to believe I'm not a complete idiot. If Frontier becomes a "temporary stop" in my career, it will be because I've lost faith in our leadership, and I have to do what's best for my family. I really want to sell the house in Ohio, move the family back to Colorado, and live happily ever after. However, I don't feel real confident doing that with these shenanigans going on. That is why I'm "complaining".

I apologize if u feel I was bad mouthing you. Your posts tend to lead me to think you are very pessimistic and downright uncomfortable working for FRONTIER.

Do you think there are 590 "idiot" pilots in front of you on the seniority list? Do you think, you, an EX-EXPRESS JET Pilot, has more wisdom and knowledge about scope than your team members? I DONT THINK SO! Look around you next time you are in the crew lounge. I bet you a majority of pIlots in that room were from Majors and before the Majors, they probably flew for Regionals. They just dont have the "chicken little" attitude you exude.

My brother, your concern is all of our concern. Believe me, the last thing I want to do is have OUR flying SHIFT to an alter-ego airline. Just relax, your attitude is what is going to make Frontier's Culture Sour up. And if you really dont like the commutte or have faith in the airline, dont torture yourself or your family, LEAVE.

Cya

Animal Tale your an ***********************************! I think TOGA knows what he's talking about. Do the research on Continental and ExpressJet before you run your piehole. He knows more about scope than most people. Read his previous posts. He was at Expressjet when it was a wholly owned subsidiary of CAL. He lived through the spinoff and saw Expressjet grow while CAL shrunk.

You my friend should do your homework before you start pointing the fingers at someone else.

Latest resources

Back