Frontier Pilots, Is this true?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dear Frontier Pilots,

One of my FOs told me a story from one of his F9 buddies that Frontier's financial health is so dire they have begun asking pilots to put hotel costs for company overnights on their own private credit cards in some instances and will be reimbursed later. The story was that hotels were no longer honoring the F9 contracts as they feared they would not get paid if they went Ch 9 (which would occur if they did go Ch 9).

I tolld him I found that hard to believe and would find this to be a very frustrated F9 FO with a vivid imagination in telling a story out of frustration.

I'm simply asking if any or all of this urban legend has any truth to it? I know things are tough at F9 but would find even this a stretch.

I waved the BS flag to the FO but having seen some strange things in this business, thought I'd ask the question. Thanks in advance for an answer.

A day or two after the bk there was hotel or two in the system that didn't want to credit us a room....they actually said they wanted a credit card. With one phone call F9 cleared everything up...nobody ever paid for a room with a credit card.
As far a hotel rooms, gas, etc... we have been getting everything without a problem. The FO has no idea what he's talking about.

Chase,
We have flown together before. You probably don't remember me. Anyhow, SWA is airline # 4 for me. I have been through the airline bankruptcy process before. On numerous occasions there were problems with our layover hotels wanting crewmembers credit cards when one carrier I worked at was in Ch.7. I distinctly remember one incident where we were shown the door in winter at a Northeast location.

I am not saying this is currently happening at F9. I wish them the best of luck. All I am pointing out is that it has happened to me personally when I was in that position.

Good luck guys. A joy to jumpseat on.
Den could be a dusty ghostown come fall between Frontier and United.....

We're still here... I think F9 is 50-50 as far as survival goes. RUMOR has it some good news is going to be announced after the BOD meeting this week. Yes, take that with a grain on salt.

Chase,

Really, why the burning, yearning reason to know?

This would seem to be nothing to you but just more spread of fear for the F9 folks.

I hope you see the light and refrain from any further comments like this on this forum or any others.

How about somebody make up some good news about F9. I haven't experienced what that FO talked about. If there was a problem, we would call dispatch and use the company credit card to solve the situation. Believe it or not, we do take care of our own here, except the furloughs coming.

We're still here... I think F9 is 50-50 as far as survival goes. RUMOR has it some good news is going to be announced after the BOD meeting this week. Yes, take that with a grain on salt.

Every possible scenario I can think of is bad, very bad. Especially considering the F9 BOD is basically powerless (more so than usual) during the BK process. The UCC has far more power, and they meet next week. F9 has exclusivity until the 24th, after that they need a renewal or someone can swoop in and pick us apart. F9's BOD has no choice in that matter, it is all up to the UCC and the judge.

Latest resources

Back