• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier or JetBlue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all the input. I guess my main concern with Frontier right now is the slow growth they have had over the years. Sure it is picking up right now but with only 1 domicile and SWA moving into their backyard it does concern me some. Not that I think SWA will run them out of DEN but I am sure it will hurt. Of course SWA and AWA have competed in PHX for a long time.

I am biased, but both jobs have their pros and cons. Jeff Potter came in to our ground school and did a down and dirty analysis of the "southwest" affect on some f9 frontier routes. It was very refreshing and a testament to the atmoshphere here at frontier. At my last two airlines, the ceos were also young but they felt the need to talk down to pilots and try and wow people with their huge brains. Not the case here, Potter is smart but he is also very affable and down to earth, and that seems to be the case across the board. He also mentioned what he considered to be a logical and sustainable annual growth rate. With that being said, I have friends at both airlines and they all love their jobs and the people they work with.

To continue with the F9 lovefest, today in class the director of training came in and was trying to figure out how many computers they could fit in the room. The classes scheduled for next year are going to be bigger than planned, possibly doubled. Can I get a "fuk yeah"!!!!

I don't know if this carries any weight, but I'm in newhire class at JB right now. We have a guy in our class who spent a year and a half at Frontier flying the Airbus, and he seems to think JB is a lot better place to be.
Good Luck,
Bob

Bob_Sacamano said:
I don't know if this carries any weight, but I'm in newhire class at JB right now. We have a guy in our class who spent a year and a half at Frontier flying the Airbus, and he seems to think JB is a lot better place to be.
Good Luck,
Bob

I really do like Jetblue. JETBLUE IS doing very well and growing really fast :)

I dont think this carries any weight, but I have a couple of friends at Jetblue with staggered seniority, one senior (LGB) and one junior (JFK).Both guys are noncomplainers, honest and hard working diligent family men. They say Jetblue is fine but not as GREAT as it is being "sold" as.... In fact, they are kinda tired of the hype and they are a little concerned of the future. I told them they should be thankful that their airline is GROWING and that every airline pilot is worried about their future.

My advice:

1) PICK the airline that suits your need(commuting)
2) prepare for the worst case scenario
3) DONT listen to all the complainers

Goodluck-----------> Both airlines are GOOD for "NOW"

CYA

Last edited:
AnimalTale said:
...every airline pilot is worried about their future.
CYA

AnimalTale Translation:

"After the breakfast burrito kicks in, I praise french made oilly-waifer-absorbing seats as I'm prairiedogging it on short final."

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back