• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier files chapter 11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Too bad F9 isn't ALPA. If anyone has BK experience its ALPA! :)

No kidding!!! After NWA, DAL, UAL and a few others in last couple of years maybe they've finally figured out how it all works. F9 union guys and gals might want to make a few calls to those who have recently been down that road. In our case at NWA, you'd find out everything not to do.

Last edited:
I am all for unions but not ALPA. In my experience with ALPA (10 years) and knowing their past history, ALPA is good at one thing; takin care of ALPA. My dues got me two large pizzas, a six pack, and two concessionary contracts. Thanks Worthless.

Airlines need a national seniority list. Won't happen but that's what they need.

Just my opinion, I could be right.:D

Good Luck.

I am all for unions but not ALPA. In my experience with ALPA (10 years) and knowing their past history, ALPA is good at one thing; takin care of ALPA. My dues got me two large pizzas, a six pack, and two concessionary contracts. Thanks Worthless.

Airlines need a national seniority list. Won't happen but that's what they need.

Good Luck.

Well said

I am an advocate for increased shareholder rights, especially in bankruptcy. But our overall trading infrastructure needs to be changed to cut out the day trading scum bags with their little preset computers who contribute nothing to society and only suck the blood out of viable companies by forcing them to follow analcysts and chase quarterly numbers. Unless of course the perpetual cycle of liquidation, start up, liquidation is in some way beneficial for our country.

You should join us scumbags it beats relying on this sh**y industry to raise a family. You'd be surprised at how much I contribute to society and those that cannot support themselves.

Good Luck.

Don't forget about your magazine now!

You should join us scumbags it beats relying on this sh**y industry to raise a family. You'd be surprised at how much I contribute to society and those that cannot support themselves.

Unethical airline CEO's and oil future speculators also, as individuals with their paychecks, contribute to society. But to be in that position in the first place requires a whole lot of pain for a whole lot of other people. Drug dealers buy goods and services with their "earnings" too. Look, congrats on being good ad manipulating the system. I just think the system should be changed to restore integrity to our investment infrastructure rather than hyperspeculative cyber gambeling which is basically what it is today. I would rather see that change come about rationally and in a controlled manner, but quickly and unilateraly with a rapid onset depression will also work I guess. Of course, maybe helicopter Bernake can bail us out with more phony money, and besides, we can always borrow more from China to pay our boiler room oil futures driven energy cost hyper inflation. Oh yeah, that's right, its all India and China. India and China, just keep telling ourselves that.

Not exactly shocking, but NASDAQ has said "BuhBye."
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080415/latu096.html?.v=101DENVER,

Frontier Receives Notice of Delisting
April 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- On April 11, 2008, Frontier received a Staff Determination Letter from The Nasdaq Stock Market ("Nasdaq") indicating that, as a result of the Company's filing for protection under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code, Nasdaq has determined that the Company's securities will be delisted from Nasdaq in accordance with the discretionary authority granted to Nasdaq under Marketplace Rules 4300, 4450(f) and IM-4300.

Company does not intend to appeal this determination, and, as a result, trading of the Company's common stock will be suspended at the opening of business on April 22, 2008, and a Form 25-NSE will be filed with the Securities Exchange Commission to remove the Company's securities from listing and registration on Nasdaq.

This will end the day-trading pot of gold, but it was fun while it lasted. Average volume before bk, around 680,000. After the plunge it was trading at over 25 million shares a day and monday saw a 99% rise in value from .48 to almost $1. Sweet. Helped fund my impending unemployment account.

You to! Wow... I just don't blame DW. My negotiating committee and MEC implemented my concessionary LOA's.

We've been debating a National Seniorty List on other threads... it just doesn't seem workable.

Let me guess... F9 pilots who are not part of ALPA would be on a NSL and they would now get jobs at the New Delta? With Seniority? At UAL or CAL? With seniority?

But you hate ALPA, the most expensive magazine in the world, so lets say the NSL isn't ALPA controlled or managed. Who would manage it? The ATA? Frontier isn't even a member! Zero CapHill presence.

The gov't? FAPA isn't a member of CAPA and has zero CapHill presence.

but you're not. :D

Good Luck.

Good luck is right. Hopefully FAPA can get on the Creditors Committe.

Best of luck to all F9 pilots... I hope you land on your feet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back