• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey guys. Just got the call for an interview. Can any Frontier guys/gals comment on what to expect. I don't know anyone there so I'm in the dark as far as what to expect. Is there a sim, written, tech? Or just hr type questions? I've heard about an east coast base. Any idea where? Thanks for any info!

Congrats, I have no gouge on the new interview format since its been such a long time. Interview will be more than likely at the Main Office near DIA. There is no sim.

You'll probably have a format like this:

1. Lots of sitting around
2. introduce yourself to everybody in the room
3. HR style interview
4. Tech questions
5. In-flight Ex scenario sitting in front of a paper tiger
6. They tell you to answer 2 questions at the beginning of the day. At the end of the day you tell everybody your 2 answers. One question could be, "why do you want to work at F9?".

This was the format they used around 2008.

Step 1. Show up

Step 2. Realize that you are applying to work for a management team that is willing to violate the arbitrated IMSL to fill seats. Imagine what else they are willing to do?

Realize that you are applying to work for a management team that is willing to violate the arbitrated IMSL to fill seats.

OK. I'll bite. Which part of the arbitrated IMSL is being violated?

I have a copy of the arbitrator's ruling in front of me so feel free to quote chapter and verse.

Thanks.

OK. I'll bite. Which part of the arbitrated IMSL is being violated?

I have a copy of the arbitrator's ruling in front of me so feel free to quote chapter and verse.

Thanks.

Why are you mad at those few Midwest guys, again? Does "Single carrier status" ring a bell to any of you? It's one list and one airline. You can't have it both ways, fellas! :smash:

Ghost makes wild accusations about Frontier and it's pilots but has nothing to back it up with.
For those on the outside, there is no mechanism for Republic pilots to move over to the Frontier certificate. And more importantly Republics contract prohibits FO's from transitioning to different equipment and Captains cannot voluntarily downgrade.

Ghost makes wild accusations about Frontier and it's pilots but has nothing to back it up with..

Ahhh!!! Spoken just like a delusional Frontier pilot! Was the whole F9/RAH/YX/Lynx mess not deemed "Single Carrier status"? I think it was...

"For example, all Parties to the DRA agree that, if the NMB concludes that Frontier is not
part of the Republic single transportation system for the pilot craft or class, the integration
methodology of the Award will be applied with the Frontier pilots excluded".

Follwed by:

"The awarded seniority integration shall be implemented on the specified
effective/applicable date, with appropriate adjustments to the IMSL (Appendix A), if the
NMB rules that fewer than all of the carriers are included in a single transportation
system for the pilot craft or class".

Last edited:
Ghost why don't you produce the implementation agreement that would pave the way for Republic pilots to come to Fromtier?
That's right, there isn't one. There isn't any way for Republic pilots to bid to Frontier.

Ghost and the other IBT tools would rather see Frontier Airlines go out of business along with all it's jobs then for Frontier to seperate and for us to hire off the street.

Ghost, what does anything you posted have to do with the Frontier pilots? The pilots aren't making the decision who to hire. That's management. Not the pilots. Frontier HR is calling in the interviewes and running the process. Not the pilots. Take your issue up with them.

Last edited:
The Republic CBA actually forbids any republic pilots from bidding into Frontier. I'm not gonna waste my time looking up and posting the exact language. RJ captains are not allowed bid for FO positions. Period. RJ FOs are seat locked until they can upgrade. Upgrade is defined as moving to the left seat. This is actually one of the few areas where the contract is crystal clear.

Latest resources

Back