• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Airlines becomes Wholly Owned subsidary of Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The bankruptcy court will absolutely approve this deal if nobody else steps up. The court has a responsibility to the creditors and that's it. If F9 management can make the case (and they will) that they need this deal or they will fold the deal will be approved easily. This will be the easiest part of the whole thing.

F9 pilots can negotiate whatever they want with Republic. The F9 pilot group is still susceptable to 1113 proceedings to make this happen (see above paragraph). The company will absolutely go that route if need be and it's still a tool in their arsenal thanks to the F9 pilots voting in a concessionary deal instead of forcing managements hand.

Once Republic has F9 in the bag the shell games will begin. Anybody who thinks this is good for any pilot at F9 has their head in the sand. It's a simple matter of whipsaw and moving planes and certificates. No way any pilot group can stop it.

The only hope for F9 pilots is a bigger player like jetBlue or SWA. I would put my money on a late bid by SWA. They have the cash, they have the operation in Denver, they'll get the A concourse while knocking out a major competitor on price, and they will really press UAUA, and even if they have to spend a few hundred million it's chump change for what they will get.

Having said that I don't know how the current contract situation at LUV fits in here but I'm sure it would be no problem to dump Lynx. The Airbus versus B-737 situation is a non-issue. Think outside the box. LUV could easily outbid Republic and it would be a major score. Now, that would be the only good news for F9 pilots and that's where Allegheny-Mohawk would come into play.

Any F9 pilots or anybody else thinks being 'rescued' by republic is a good deal should remain in their fantasyland as long as they can because the cold cruel hand of reality is about to slap them upside the head.

Last edited:
Unfortunately due to MidWest's scope and operation of MidWest as an alter ego, I don't see this as good for MidWest. I'm not sure how it impacts MidWest.

I thought what you wrote was pretty apparent.

Originally Posted by ATRCA
In order to do this, RAH would need to cut itself off from it's only revenue stream which is contract feed.

Again, WHY???

I thought what you wrote was pretty apparent.

Again, WHY???
[/I]

Whatever man, have it your way. RAH to rule the world. You heard it here first. Feel better?? I'm sure they'll just use their RJ's to cover the entire system while maintaining their contract obligations.

Whatever man, have it your way. RAH to rule the world. You heard it here first. Feel better?? I'm sure they'll just use their RJ's to cover the entire system while maintaining their contract obligations.
No, just trying to figure out why you posted what you did?

ALPA has set such a bad precedent that many ALPA represented pilots simply do not believe scope that unifies pilots can work.
Once Republic has F9 in the bag the shell games will begin. Anybody who thinks this is good for any pilot at F9 has their head in the sand. It's a simple matter of whipsaw and moving planes and certificates. No way any pilot group can stop it.
Here's the contract language:
3. In the event of a merger of airline operations between the Company and another air carrier the Company will require, as a condition of any such operational merger that provisions be included requiring that the surviving carrier shall provide for fair and equitable integration of the pre-merger pilots’ seniority lists in accordance with Articles 3 and 13 of the Allegheny Mohawk LPPs.

OK FIN have it your way. I'm content to let time prove me correct.

You put your faith in a contract. I'll put my faith in Bedford's lawyers and accountants. Contracts don't much matter anymore anyway or haven't you been following the news lately.

Either way I'm out so it doesn't matter for me anymore. I feel bad for all the friends that will be getting hammered by this. This is a lose-lose for pilots everywhere. Best of luck to you if you think otherwise.

I will be stunned, however, if SWA does not find a way to purchase F9.

Regional airline buying a LCC/Major airline. This will be the next big threat to our profession. It will be increasingly difficult to hold the line on pay/benefits at the airline being purchased. Now more than ever before, pilot groups have to draw a line in the sand, then stick to it. Pilot wages continue to be reduced to the level of non skilled labor. A long time ago, I was told that a senior captain could buy a new Cadillac on a months takehome wages, today about $50,000.00. Gross pay had to be about $65,000-$70,000 PER MONTH, in order to take home 50,000. Remember, as ALPA said, "we're taking it back".

Newf: You are right SWA, or SkyWest, might play spoiler. It isn't a stock deal, so the greenmail would actually have to be done on the Courthouse steps.

Maybe the Teamsters will get rolled over. I don't think so. I have to hope the pilots do the right thing and their contract is honored. I'm always pulling for our profession.

OK FIN have it your way. I'm content to let time prove me correct.

You put your faith in a contract. I'll put my faith in Bedford's lawyers and accountants. Contracts don't much matter anymore anyway or haven't you been following the news lately.

Either way I'm out so it doesn't matter for me anymore. I feel bad for all the friends that will be getting hammered by this. This is a lose-lose for pilots everywhere. Best of luck to you if you think otherwise.

I will be stunned, however, if SWA does not find a way to purchase F9.

Prepare to be stunned!! I don't think any other bidders will emerge. There is nothing there worth buying. A small operation in DEN?? SWA will have it's way with Frontier regardless of ownership. They will comfortably win that battle and will be a few 100 million richer by the end. If buying F9 was a good deal, than there would be others calling. In the end, RAH is picking low hanging fruit.

Latest resources

Back