Fresh New Colgan Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you listened to your pilots

Bingo, listening is a skill. There is a difference between hearing and listening. So management got LodgeX because it was our largest complaint? While screw scheduling policies and procedures (lack there of) is a major complaint, hotels itself is not the top of any list i've seen (I have about 50 lists from actual Colgan pilots)

The undistorted truth is that LodgeX was hired to 1) Put less a burden on CS. 2) Lower costs by using their skills to get the cheap deal. Personally I don't give a flying F#$* who gets me my room as long as it's there and safe, and clean. The issue is what standards did Colgan give LodgeX when they find hotels? Was the pilot group involved in these standards? Are they fair? That's where ALPA comes in

Bingo, listening is a skill. There is a difference between hearing and listening. So management got LodgeX because it was our largest complaint? While screw scheduling policies and procedures (lack there of) is a major complaint, hotels itself is not the top of any list i've seen (I have about 50 lists from actual Colgan pilots)

The undistorted truth is that LodgeX was hired to 1) Put less a burden on CS. 2) Lower costs by using their skills to get the cheap deal. Personally I don't give a flying F#$* who gets me my room as long as it's there and safe, and clean. The issue is what standards did Colgan give LodgeX when they find hotels? Was the pilot group involved in these standards? Are they fair? That's where ALPA comes in

excellent post. it is exactly that. what standards did Colgan pick for hotel selection? Honestly if Colgan compeletly revamped crew scheduling they could have probably averted the ALPA drive. they cause more misery, bitterness and frustration than anything else here. It isn't the schedulers themselves it is the company's policies with regard to cs and the complete lack of recourse for pilots when scheduling massively screws up your life. I think there is no accountability there at all. We all have sooooooooooooooooooooo many stories. And all you ever get is "i'm sorry, we are so swamped". we are "sorry" too, we are so frustrated that we just had to vote YES!!!!

Last edited:
Due you guys think PNCL CORP really cares if ALPA is voted into Colgan. The Colgans dont care why should they. PNCL CORP is probably glad because when it takes 3 years before the first contract is done they will not have to or by law adjust the Q rate for those 3 years. Yes it will take that long look at the current PNCL and ASA. The big thing you guys will lose is crew sch helpng you out at all. When I was at Colgan yes I got drafted and pissed many times when they were in need because we all know Colgan never has enough res. But there were many times when DOT, Mikey, Leroy helped me when I could not find someone to due a trip trade with for my sons events. My current airline is APLA I still get drafted and pissed off but it now is only one way when I ask for a favor I get sorry .

Last edited:
Due you guys think PNCL CORP really cares if ALPA is voted into Colgan. The Colgans dont care why should they. PNCL CORP is probably glad because when it takes 3 years before the first contract is done they will not have to or by law adjust the Q rate for those 3 years. Yes it will take that long look at the current PNCL and ASA. The big thing you guys will lose is crew sch helpng you out at all. When I was at Colgan yes I got drafted and pissed many times when they were in need because we all know Colgan never has enough res. But there were many times when DOT, Mikey, Leroy helped me when I could not find someone to due a trip trade with for my sons events. My current airline is APLA I still get drafted and pissed off but it now is only one way when I ask for a favor I get sorry .

So crew scheduling helps you out but someone else gets drafted and they might miss THEIR sons event.

Way to be a team player!

Also what happens when PNCL moves all the Colgan operations to MEM?

Why do I have to be management? Just because I don't believe what you believe?

Why weren't those other companies complaining before this showed up?

I'm sure LodgeX told Colgan a lot of good stuff about themselves just to get the contract. I'm sure they never told them anything bad. Hmmm, I wonder what other organizations use this tactic???

Yo. So why do you not want ALPA on property? Give all your reasons.

What carrier do you work for now? Every single one of your posts is either in a colgan thread or about colgan.

browse 340sams post history. Me thinks you still work here.

So crew scheduling helps you out but someone else gets drafted and they might miss THEIR sons event.

Way to be a team player!

Also what happens when PNCL moves all the Colgan operations to MEM?

ALPA will give you the same sh-- contract or lack of they got the PNCL guys. I myself dont really care if Colgan goes ALPA or not. I am just saying having rules cut and dry are not always the best thing. GOOD LUCK to all the Colgan guys

PS GODFATHER how are you going to vote if you dont work there anymore pm me maybe I will due the same

What carrier do you work for now? Every single one of your posts is either in a colgan thread or about colgan.

browse 340sams post history. Me thinks you still work here.

You should be a CSI instead of a pilot. My new company is boring and I like to go back to Colgan posts to laugh about old times. I started with 1000 hours upgraded and 2 years later left. The whole point of going to Colgan. ME thinks You must be one of those guys who goes over every post to figure out who someone is.

ALPA will give you the same sh-- contract or lack of they got the PNCL guys. I myself dont really care if Colgan goes ALPA or not. I am just saying having rules cut and dry are not always the best thing. GOOD LUCK to all the Colgan guys

PS GODFATHER how are you going to vote if you dont work there anymore pm me maybe I will due the same

Why would you care if Colgan goes ALPA, you CLAIM you don't work here anymore. Smells like another management type to me to joining in with BK.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back