Fresh New Colgan Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My vote won't matter, everyone else's will

ALPA will give you the same sh-- contract or lack of they got the PNCL guys. I myself dont really care if Colgan goes ALPA or not. I am just saying having rules cut and dry are not always the best thing. GOOD LUCK to all the Colgan guys

PS GODFATHER how are you going to vote if you dont work there anymore pm me maybe I will due the same

Did you ever think for one minute that maybe ALPA is the lesser of 2 evils? So OK, ALPA is not perfect in a not so perfect world. But having ALPA on board for the CJC Pilots brings many more benefits than just a contract or a voice. DO (At least I know how to spell the word correctly) you or any Colgan Pilot have any Loss of License Insurance? Do you or any Colgan Pilot have Free Legal Representation for legal matters pertaining to your job and career? (You really think the ASAP Program is going to be a free ticket to get out of jail when the Feds coming calling with an LOI?). ALPA offers many good things that the Colgan Pilots require for their career.

You want me to PM you? For what, so you can laugh in my face and ridicule me to tell me what an idiot I am and that what happened to me was entirely my fault? This is not the place to debate that. Sorry, I am much smarter than that. Someday I may write a book about my career of being an Airline Pilot including the current trials and tribulations. Or I could write a very long 20 page thread on FI and tell everyone the living hell I have been through for the last 7 months, but I have decided not to. Like 70 SS said, try walking the last 7 months in my shoes and you'll understand why I am so bitter now at Colgan Mgmt and why I will do whatever I can to help and support the ALPA OC to make this drive a success.

I may not matter to anyone at Colgan anymore and my vote won't count...so what. The way I see it, every Yes vote for ALPA is a vote for me and you and everyone's future. Look at the bigger picture, ALPA is more than just PCL or CJC. It's our entire industry and profession of which I will still be a participant of in the years to come.

To quote Mr. Spock from Star Trek 2, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the One." Hopefully, I can turn my misfortune into Inspiration for the Colgan Pilots to vote YES. I don't want anyone at Colgan or any Airline Pilot to go through what I have gone through the last 7 months. I firmly believe that ALPA will help bring a better place to work for pilots not just at Colgan, but anywhere in our industry. I hope that you (I mean every Pilot at Colgan) will take the time to make an honest assessment of your career and make a smart decision when your ballot info packet arrives in the mail.

As for me, I'm still gonna light up my Tiera Del Fuego when ALPA is voted in at CJC. You can't keep a good man down. Don't worry about me, I'll be just fine. Worry about your future now.

Last edited:
You guys kill me! One of the biggest complaints has been about how people would have issues with getting a hotel room or even a ride to the hotel. The Colgans have actually listened to you and done something about it by hiring an outside company to do this so we won't have to wait for a ride or show at a hotel and not have a room booked. But you have turned this into the "Colgans are not in control anymore" and "this is the beginning of the end". They have done something to try to alleviate one of the biggest complaints and all you do is complain. Either you are drinking too much ALPA coolaid or you are IDIOTS!

They did this to "save money"

ALPA will give you the same sh-- contract or lack of they got the PNCL guys.

ALPA will GIVE us a contract? I don't think so. Any contract we get will be negotiated by COLGAN pilots. ALPA will provide their resources to back us up, just like management will use their resources.

Believe me that ALPA will not be making any money on CJC dues, as the resources involved with negotiating a contract are MUCH more than what our 1.95% will be.

If PCL does not care if we get ALPA, then why are they spending all that money on union busting lawyers? Seems like they could use that money to pay the bill with the contract mechanics in SYR so that we can get our planes worked on.

The Colgans have actually listened to you and done something about it by hiring an outside company

First of all to solve the problem all they had to do would havebeen hire a few more people to work CS.

Second. None of these changes would have happened it there was not a Union drive on.

Sometimes you have to force their hands.

Last edited:
ALPA has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not Crew Scheduling does favors for you. If they help you out now, they can continue to help you out later.

Mesaba is union, and if you help CS out, they can help you out in return. Sometimes they do, sometimes they can't or won't.

Admittedly, there are "sticky" times, when there is friction between the union and scheduling, and things tighten up for a bit, but then a few weeks pass, and things blow over. Sometimes you get a favor, sometimes not, it's the nature of the beast.

However, ALPA does not change the nature of your at work relationships. If you help someone out, they are still free to return the favor.

Suggesting that ALPA prevents basic human decency, such as the returning of favors, is just ignorant and silly.

Last edited:
ALPA has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not Crew Scheduling does favors for you. If they help you out now, they can continue to help you out later.

Mesaba is union, and if you help CS out, they can help you out in return. Sometimes they do, sometimes they can't or won't.

Admittedly, there are "sticky" times, when there is friction between the union and scheduling, and things tighten up for a bit, but then a few weeks pass, and things blow over. Sometimes you get a favor, sometimes not, it's the nature of the beast.

However, ALPA does not change the nature of your at work relationships. If you help someone out, they are still free to return the favor.

Suggesting that ALPA prevents basic human decency, such as the returning of favors, is just ignorant and silly.

aaaah The sane voice speaks again!

We have those sticky times too, it's when certain members of C.S. have their monthly "visit"

Latest resources

Back