Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fred Rogers

Neighbor
Hey, I heard through the grapevine that one of the Colgans might be stepping down.

Can anyone confirm this? I'm not making this up for entertainment, I actually did hear this.

Oh no... I thought the Colgan's were going to stick around for the long haul?

Stepping down? I hope they all get a nice PINK slip in their desk drawers. Big goofy people. (Note: I had to not use bad words as the moderator emailed me stating that my language was bad) So poo poo bad people at Manassas. Boo Who Who.... Dang darn golly wonderland.

Wow, look at that I can express my foul mouth in other adjectives to get the point across. I am so glad I paid 10 dollars to have my mouth washed with soapy bubble bath provided by the moderators. Golly thanks !

I think that the Colgan management made assurances to the Pinnacle Holdings, Inc leadership that Colgan Air would indeed remain a non-union shop. And, especially the pilots.
The landscape has changed much since 18 Jan 07 and it appears that Colgan Air will have an ALPA represented pilot group. Because of this I think that either voluntarily or with some encouragement to do so, Colgan family members will be leaving corporate officer positions. I personally don't have an axe to grind with the Colgan family and some of them are actually nice and decent people. However, at the higher officer level I don't trust a single word that comes out in a "Big Mike memo".
Colgan is and will remain in the lower tier of 121 carriers; union or no union. Pinnacle is in the lower tier of the RJ markey with TSA and PSA bringing up the rear. I don't expect much from Pinnacle or Colgan management. They have the cash, but not the will to change the overall philosophy of how personnel are hired and
"retained". Keep payroll low, costs and revenues high, get the stock price up...Rinse and repeat. It doesn't take a Harvard business degree to come up with this stuff...Hell, I am just an average Joe Beech pilot trying to make ends meet.
Get your time, keep your resume updated, target the company(s) you want to work for and keep flying...

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

I am glad this thread was started because without any fresh rumors in a while i was starting to think Colgan was losing its position of Flight Info prominence!

I am sure it wouldn't be a surprise if the Colgans started exiting stage left. It was all part of the plan to slowly bring new management in as they found suitable people to take over.

God help us!

Hey, I heard through the grapevine that one of the Colgans might be stepping down.

I think it's gonna be Shannon. She's the one that arranges the van rides b/w IAD, DCA, and motherland HEF. My money's on her. Or maybe it'll be Jamie, her lead-footed cousin, who drives the van part-time. Man, that kid drives fast.

Last edited:
I think that the Colgan management made assurances to the Pinnacle Holdings, Inc leadership that Colgan Air would indeed remain a non-union shop. And, especially the pilots.
The landscape has changed much since 18 Jan 07 and it appears that Colgan Air will have an ALPA represented pilot group. Because of this I think that either voluntarily or with some encouragement to do so, Colgan family members will be leaving corporate officer positions. I personally don't have an axe to grind with the Colgan family and some of them are actually nice and decent people. However, at the higher officer level I don't trust a single word that comes out in a "Big Mike memo".
Colgan is and will remain in the lower tier of 121 carriers; union or no union. Pinnacle is in the lower tier of the RJ markey with TSA and PSA bringing up the rear. I don't expect much from Pinnacle or Colgan management. They have the cash, but not the will to change the overall philosophy of how personnel are hired and
"retained". Keep payroll low, costs and revenues high, get the stock price up...Rinse and repeat. It doesn't take a Harvard business degree to come up with this stuff...Hell, I am just an average Joe Beech pilot trying to make ends meet.
Get your time, keep your resume updated, target the company(s) you want to work for and keep flying...

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

What did you mean by PSA bringing up the rear. I use to work there. When I was there we voted DOWN the 900's Explain yourself MAN!

LRN

How about this for a rumor that is confirmed!

Can anyone confirm this? I'm not making this up for entertainment, I actually did hear this.

Press ReleaseSource: LodgeX Airline Solutions
Colgan Air Boards LodgeX Airline Solutions Suite
Tuesday July 10, 1:10 pm ET

Colgan Air Inc., a Subsidiary of Pinnacle Airlines Corp., Signs LodgeX Airline Solutions Contract for 3rd Party Crew Lodging and Other Travel Management
MINNETONKA, MN--(MARKET WIRE)--Jul 10, 2007 -- LodgeX Airline Solutions (www.LodgeX.com) today announced that it has been contracted by Colgan Air Inc. to provide lodging management. A product of LJK Companies, LodgeX Airline Solutions provides lodging management services tailored to the airline industry.
Through implementation of the LodgeX Airline Solutions suite, airlines streamline their lodging management systems by seamlessly connecting their flight schedules with business processes to forecast lodging needs, reserve accommodations and consolidate and audit billing. Client airlines report reduced lodging expense plus a reduction of internal resources needed to manage and track their lodging needs and expenses.
"We have used the LodgeX program since November 2005 with positive results," said Jesse Miller, Director of Financial Projects for Pinnacle Airlines Corp. "Extending this benefit to Colgan Air was a pragmatic extension of our continuous focus on controlling costs and enhancing productivity."
Colgan Airlines operates over 350 daily flights as US Airways Express, Continental Connection and United Express. Colgan Air will take delivery of fifteen 74-seat Bombardier Q400 turboprops starting in December 2007. "Colgan Airlines is expanding with new aircraft and new markets. This growth requires solid business partners and we're pleased to have LodgeX as part of our team," said Mike Colgan, President of Colgan Air.
Rob Miller, Vice President Sales & Marketing of LodgeX Airline Solutions, said, "Pinnacle has been a great business partner. The LodgeX team is excited to expand our relationship, and we welcome Colgan Air to our growing list of clients."
About LodgeX Airline Solutions:
LodgeX Airline Solutions (www.LodgeX.com) is an outsourced lodging service specifically tailored to the needs of airline carriers. LodgeX Airline Solutions is a service provided by the LJK Companies, Inc. (www.ljkco.com), a leader in the travel management industry with clients and services targeted to railroads, transportation companies, retail merchandisers, corporate travel, sports teams and the military. LodgeX books 2.2 million hotel rooms a year for clients.
About Pinnacle Airlines Corp. and Colgan Air
Pinnacle Airlines Corp., an airline holding company, is the parent company of Pinnacle Airlines, Inc. and Colgan Air Inc. Pinnacle Airlines, Inc. operates under the name Northwest Airlink and operates 133 Canadair Regional Jets in the United States and Canada. Colgan Air Inc. operates as Continental Connection, United Express and US Airways Express. Colgan Air operates a fleet of 39 Saab 340 and 11 Beech 1900 turbo-prop regional airliners.

Source: LodgeX Airline Solutions

Kiss Screw Scheduling Goodbye!!!! This company will be controlling all hotel requests and will have a HUGE impact on future bids and schedules....

Reason #24554 to have ALPA....

Glad I'm gone to blue-er skies!!!!

Also the city pairs are out for which cities the Q400 will serve from EWR and CLE....Yes...CLE!!!

From EWR it will be ALB, BWI, ROC, PVD, BDL, MHT, SYR, BUF, PIT, CMH, YYZ, YUL, BVT, PWM, RIC, ORF and BWI-CLE-MDW. RIC is being looked at for a MX base in addition to ALB.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back