• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedum 6243

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can somebody answer this question for me?

Is there some sort of a stigma with declaring an emergency, and then feeling inferior in case somebody thinks the incident was never that serious to begin with? (Hope that statement makes sense)

Isn't "better safe, than sorry" appropriate?

Can somebody answer this question for me?

Is there some sort of a stigma with declaring an emergency, and then feeling inferior in case somebody thinks the incident was never that serious to begin with? (Hope that statement makes sense)

Isn't "better safe, than sorry" appropriate?

Not me. FMS failure mayday!

Smoke + airplane = immediate and dire emergency

Freedumb and Mesa SUCK!!! If this is true. Both the Capt and the FO need their certificates in a paper shredder. God help us all, and those who are in the back of Mesa/Freedumb airplanes.

Stop freedumb & mesa now!!!

One can only hope you 2 are not pilots for much longer
They won't be if this is in fact true. The Feds will eat them for lunch. This is the kind of B.S. that gets lots of innocent people killed. Any moron can fly an airplane. But it's when the crap hits the fan that you want a professional in control. Not some shakey, nervous, immature college kid running the show.

I never thought I would say this, but CVG is probably one of the most dangerous airports to fly out of anymore. Between having a bunch of inexperienced flight crews flying for Freedom and having a bunch of run down and ticked off Comair pilots, I think many people are going to rethink paying for the most expensive tickets at the cost of their lives out of CVG. C'mon guys WAKE UP! You are professionals.

Can anyone get the ATC recording to work in the Archives? I can't get it to download right. Maybe someone smarter than me could post the link with the recordings. It was Indy Center and CVG Tracon/Approach. around 1730 UTC on the 11th.
http://www.liveatc.net/listen.php

Last edited:
Can anyone get the ATC recording to work in the Archives? I can't get it to download right. Maybe someone smarter than me could post the link with the recordings. It was Indy Center and CVG Tracon/Approach. around 1730 UTC on the 11th.
http://www.liveatc.net/listen.php

It would have been more like 1800-1830UTC, 100 -130pm and we were at fl210 so I think it would have been ZID LOW

Latest resources

Back