• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedum 6243

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They dpt CVG, about 10 minutes later tell app. they may have to go back. Another ten miutes go by controller ask 6243 what there intents are, they say we need to go back. Ok, are u declaring emergency "not yet" shaky voice replies. So she thinks nothing big starts vectoring them slowing them. Finally she comes back and says what is the nature of the problem "we were hit by lighting spidered window and we have smoke in cabin" replies very shaky voice. She very quickly replies "direct CVG". before she hands them over to APP. she ask how the smoke is they reply "doesn't seem to be getting any worse, we will need fire trucks" controller "souls on board and fuel" pilot basically crying "we did not declare an emergency" controller "I did for you". Remember after they were hit they kept forward for 10 minutes or so with smoke and window. Sorry for schetchy details but duaghter a sleep, and I waking her typing

I hope you're kidding, but something tells me you're not.

No not kidding, they were this bad, MAYBE WORSE but have to type fast, so I don't wake the cranky 20lb sack on my shoulder

No not kidding, they were this bad, MAYBE WORSE but have to type fast, so I don't wake the cranky 20lb sack on my shoulder

Congrats on the 20lb sack!

...and still thats an intense story...I wonder if I can find something on LiveATC?

Latest resources

Back