• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedum 6243

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It would have been more like 1800-1830UTC, 100 -130pm and we were at fl210 so I think it would have been ZID LOW
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FRL6243/history/20090711/1655Z/KCVG/KCVG/tracklog
Based on the radar track, they would have landed around 1:50 pm Eastern time which is 17:50 Zulu. I was able to hear the tapes from the CVG local controllers. Still would like to hear the initial call-up on Indy center or CVG tracon. Do you remember when they initially told ATC. Was it on center or approach?

I just talked to the FO today... in their defense they had to run a few checklist and asses the situation. It wasnt as big of a mess you all are making it seem. they landed the plane safely and switched planes and carried on with the flight.

and seven.....

you can still suck a fat one

Samballs, you are an a-s h-le
everybody once in a while hesitates about declaring an emergency. It all depends on the severity of the matter. if it's under control no big deal.
Deconneur.....

Ok...... Broken window and smoke in the cabin...... No Brainer......At least ATC was smart enough to declare!!!

Last edited:
Samballs, you are an a-s h-le
everybody once in a while hesitates about declaring an emergency. It all depends on the severity of the matter. if it's under control no big deal.
Deconneur.....

IF this was stated...
" 1 - we were hit by lighting
2 - spidered window and
3 - we have smoke in cabin"

..why would you think twice? Every checklist I have seen has "smoke in cabin" under "Emerg" not "abmnormal".

Latest resources

Back