Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airboss

June 28, 2005

New Delta Connection carrier Freedom Airlines will begin flights in October from Orlando, Fla. Officials from Freedom and its parent company, Mesa Air Group, will visit Orlando this week to determine logistical requirements for the carrier's new service.

Delta will handle ticket counter functions, as well as baggage service and cargo for Freedom at Orlando. Delta Connection carrier Comair will perform gate and ramp duties, and operations.

Delta will announce specific destinations and schedules in August. The Delta Connection carrier plans to add service to new markets from Orlando, and will complement existing DCI flights operated by Comair and Chautauqua Airlines.

Not the Freedom you may be thinking of.

Please, Please, Please,

Don’t mistake these Freedom badges for the ones worn by the original Freedom A List. These people are not volunteering for the Freedom Certificate they are being forced on to it by management. We are loosing flying under the U.S. Airways contract and gaining some under Delta. The pilots headed for the Delta Connection are under ALPA 100% and are on the same seniority list as everyone else at Mesa. The Freedom A list is out there all over the place and they are the ones who helped J.O. create an alter ego carrier, not the ERJ folks from CLT who are headed for Orlando.

Thanks again

embraerjetpilot said:
Still not welcome in my jumpseat...tell your management you dont want any of comairs or chqs flying!

I thought Comair and CHQ flew Deltas flying?

How is this different? (Not a flame, just an honest question) Does Deltas, Comairs, or CHQ,s scope prevent this, or does Delta managment retain the rights to say who flys for them?

embraerjetpilot said:
Still not welcome in my jumpseat...tell your management you dont want any of comairs or chqs flying!

So let me get this straight, a CHQ captain starting a jumpseat war against Mesa because they're taking CHQ's flying out of MCO? What happened to the "it's all DCI flying" mantra you guys put up when you burst on to the scene a few years ago, replacing all of CMR's Brasilias?

And on another note, does anybody see a pattern here? Mesa comes into MCO, in what I can only assume is a replacement of CHQ's feed out of there. ASA has a large expansion in TPA, replacing CHQ. What's happening to CHQ's ERJ feed for Delta?

good luck with that it will be the same old mesa cry story its not us its our managment, boo hoo. Like they wern't the ones who signed the contract that undercuts everyone in the country. now in stead of going for the U wholly owns or AWAC they are out for comair blood

embraerjetpilot said:

Chit-taco's flying? Surely, you must be kidding?

These guys are welcome in mine anytime. They have always been good to me trying to get back and forth to work. Im not giddy about the Mesa/DL deal, but what difference does that make, I dont think any of the mesa guys made the deal to begin with.

so some dork from CHQ wants to start a J/S war -

CHQ is the biggest bottom feeders out there - Mesa is not stealing Comair and ASAs 70 seat flying.

Latest resources

Back